Raytheon Albuquerque, part of Missile Systems (MS), provides comprehensive expertise in high power electromagnetics (HPEM); pulsed power engineering, diagnostics and effects testing; radio frequency (RF) and particle code simulation; Mobile Range® and airborne flight test; satellite systems support and tracking. Key growth opportunities include the integration of directed energy weapons on combat platforms. Our complement of engineers, scientists, technicians and manufacturing staff in a broad range of disciplines develop innovative solutions from idea conception, including research and development, to finished product.
The Senior Reliability Engineer establishes a comprehensive and cost effective Reliability and Maintainability solution that meets the needs of the Customer and maximizes the reliability and maintainability of supported products over their life cycle. The Senior Reliability Engineer is responsible for interacting with the Program Management; Engineering; and government approval authorities from program startup operations, through Production and demilitarization and disposal activities. The Senior Reliability Engineer regularly interfaces with lead engineers, Operations, and Program Management across all Raytheon products to support the system reliability program. The Senior Reliability Engineer requires a high degree of self-motivation and ability to effectively interface with co-workers across all product lines, Engineering, Operations and Supply Chain Management.
- Perform System Reliability engineering tasks and analyses, applying technical knowledge to meet Raytheon and customer requirements
- Exercise considerable latitude in technical decisions to meet customer requirements relevant to the System Reliability program
- Prepare internal and customer reports describing various analyses relevant to the System Reliability program
- Submit supporting data to the proper approval authorities and archive the documents and supporting data within an internal document management system
- Represent System Reliability Engineering as a member of the program, responsible for identifying key issues and addressing them to achieve optimal technical solutions
- Take an analytical approach and utilize technical knowledge to solve challenges with optimal solutions
- Interface with and function across multiple disciplines to gain a full understanding of the product architecture and design
- A minimum of four (4) years of professional engineering experience (not including internships) in reliability engineering (reliability experience in electrical, electronic, and/or electromechanical product design and development)
- Reliability Modeling, Allocations, and Predictions, Parts Stress and Derating Analysis, Failure Reporting and Corrective Action Systems (FRACAS), Failure Mode, Effects and Criticality Analysis (FMECA), Failure Diagnosis and Data/Trend Analysis, Reliability Demonstration Testing / Reliability Growth Testing, and Electronic Parts Circuit Tolerance Analysis (EPCTA) / Worst Case Circuit Analysis (WCCA)
- Experience planning and conducting Highly Accelerated Life Testing (HALT), Highly Accelerated Stress Screening (HASS), Environmental Stress Screening (ESS), and Reliability Demonstration / Growth Testing (RDGT)Have experience with statistical analysis techniques
- Be capable of executing/applying root cause analysis at a system level
- Project management skills - Ensure establishment of an executable project plan, schedule, budget, resource requirements and performance standards
- Proficiency in MS Office suite products to include: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Required Education (including Major):
- Be familiar with and able to apply reliability engineering techniques and processes, such as:
- Reliability tools: e.g. Relex / Windchill, ASENT, Reliasoft, etc.
- Built-In-Test (BIT), Fault Detection Rate (FDR), Fault Isolation Rate (FIR), and False Alarm Rate (FAR) calculations
- Design of Experiment (DOE) methods, Sneak Circuit Analysis methods
- Bayesian Reliability Methods
- Software Reliability Methods
- Ability to manage a reliability program and provide direction to subordinate personnel
- Be a critical systems thinker, capable of understanding how a system operates and using available information to make an informed decision on the effects to the system’s reliability
- Familiarity with other functional disciplines’ modeling, simulation, analysis, and testing techniques, methods, and related processes; e.g., structural, thermal, Electromagnetic Environmental Effects (EEE) / Electromagnetic interference (EMI) / Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC), material science, components engineering, analog / digital / power electronics design, etc.
- Able to organize and deliver presentations that communicate complex issues simply yet accurately
- Self-starter with the ability to independently pursue technical information and solve problems
- Multi-task in a fast-paced work environment
- Candidate must have a Bachelor's Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics
- This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.