The Human Health & Performance Information Technology (HHPIT) Infrastructure Operations Team Lead will have primary responsibility for the operations and maintenance of the Medical and Mission Information System (MMIS) Environment infrastructure. The Infrastructure Operations Team Lead will provide technical leadership and guidance to members of the Infrastructure Operations Team for the day-to-day operations and maintenance activities associated with the MMIS Environment.
- Implement and enforce policies, processes and procedures to maintain the security, privacy and confidentiality of all data in the MMIS Environment.
- Responsible for the performance of the MMIS Environment Infrastructure, in accordance with customer and Task Order requirements, as well as all applicable Service Level Agreements (SLAs), standards, best practices and Federal Government/NASA policies.
- Responsible for the performance of the Infrastructure Operations Team.
- Responsible for the development and execution of Task Order Statements of Work, including definition of requirements and associated deliverables.
- Responsible for the development, maintenance and reporting of Task Order budgets that reflect planned requirements and deliverables for infrastructure operations and maintenance. This includes regular periodic presentations of budget performance and estimation to a management audience.
- Responsible for building and developing a high performing Infrastructure Operations Team to satisfy planned requirements and deliverables. This includes the determination of needed personnel resources/skill sets, definition of job descriptions and assessment of prospective personnel.
- Participate in the technical design decisions for the MMIS Environment Infrastructure.
- Establish, promote and maintain a service-oriented, customer-service focused culture that supports ongoing operations and drives accountability, efficiency, quality and innovation. Focus on continuous improvement.
- Work with Infrastructure Discipline Lead, customer management and stakeholders to understand customer priorities and strategic objectives, and oversee resulting MMIS Infrastructure projects to ensure that outcomes match customer expectations.
- Develop and maintain standard metrics for measuring MMIS Environment Infrastructure and Infrastructure Operations Team performance.
- Provide input to recurring Technical Cost and Schedule Review (TCSR) sessions with senior customer management.
- Maintain in-depth and up to date knowledge of applicable industry standards, guidelines, technology trends. Stay abreast of industry best practices for IT infrastructure and operations technologies, tools and procedures. Incorporate enhancements as needed/practical.
- Participate in technical review of new project requests, and associated materials, as called for by the Systems Engineering Process (SEP).
- Provide weekly status report of work activities to HHPIT Infrastructure Discipline Lead.
- Manage and report on service requests assigned to the Infrastructure Operations Team.
- Manage work instructions and updates for all Infrastructure Operations Team functions.
- Securely manage network and system drawings for all MMIS systems. Update drawings when configuration changes are made.
- Ensure that deliverables meet all applicable KBR and NASA quality standards.
- Perform additional duties as assigned. Responsibilities occasionally require work on weekends and/or evenings, sometimes with little to no advance notice.
- A Bachelor's degree plus 15 years experience working in an information technology infrastructure environment, or equivalent experience.
- Bachelor's Degree in a technical major, such as engineering or computer science.
- Previous experience working in, and managing, IT infrastructure in a Federal Government/NASA environment.
- Experience with cloud-based infrastructure and services, specifically including migration to cloud.
- Previous experience as a systems administrator and/or network engineer.
- Previous experience in managing a data center
- Extensive technical background with strong knowledge of IT infrastructure hardware and software technologies, including server, virtualization, storage, security, networking, etc.
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including a confident and effective ability to present to a senior management audience
- The ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Strong skills in writing technical work instructions and creating and maintaining IT infrastructure drawings
- The capability and willingness to learn new tools and technologies.
- Applicable technical certifications, such as ITIL
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job: Engineering, Technology, & Science
Primary Location: US-US-TX-Houston
Req ID: 1083553