(BACKGROUND CHECK REQUIRED)
Sellafield Limited (SL) has identified the need for project and program management support to deliver 17 major construction projects associated with developing the infrastructure required for the reprocessing and making safe of nuclear waste material. CAPEX for the 20 year program is estimated at $6.5billion. The support SL requires is being procured through the selection of 4 Program and Project Partners (PPP) to form an integrated team for the 20 year programme duration. The PPP partnership will be comprised of: Integration (Lot 1), Engineering & Design (Lot 2), Civil Construction (Lot 3), Process Construction (Lot 4), and Sellafield. Each Partner has defined scope responsibility, and combined responsibility for delivering the Major Projects.
The Integration Partner will be required to provide strategic and enabling project management support as required to structure and deliver the portfolio of Major Projects under the PPP Project. Major Projects will be delivered through Aligned Delivery Teams (ADT), which will be integrated teams formed from all Lot Partners using the principle of best athlete, while taking cognisance of each Lot Partners specific scope responsibility. The Integration Partner will also be required to deliver Site-Wide Project Delivery Improvements and ensure the collaborative working environment with Sellafield Limited and the other Lot Partners is developed and nurtured.
The Integration Partner team at mobilisation will be circa 30 strong, growing to circa 300 over 5-10 years.
The position will be based in Warrington with regular visits to West Cumbria (adjacent to the Lake District) and occasional travel to Surrey. A minimum four year commitment to the position is essential, as is the ability to build a highly collaborative culture of a large diverse team.
Ideally the candidate should have worked with KBR either as an employee, JV partner or client representative, and also have experience of the nuclear supply chain and West Cumbria, but this is not essential.
- Development of the Lot 1 Supply Chain entities
- Co-ordination and collaborative working across the supply chain for all Lots
Reports to *:*
- KBR Transformation and Collaboration Director
Interfaces with *:*
- The Client Functional team responsible for sub-contract management
- Social Impact and Public Relations Manager in Lot 1 to build a common stakeholder engagement approach
- Senior Project Managers leading the project delivery teams
Primary Roles and Responsibilities *:*
Provides leadership and direction in the engagement of all suppliers to the PPP for KBR and Partner Teams. SL will hold the contracts with the suppliers and administer the contract terms, payments, KPIs and other contract instruments. This role provides the scope management, integration and collaborative aspects of ensuring the supply chain delivers best value and works for the benefit of the programme.
Responsibilities shall include, but not be limited to:
- Working with other heads of department to build the collaborative working culture (within KBR and between the Lot Partners, Project Suppliers and the Client) to ensure the success of the overall programme
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining the PPP standards, requirements and procedures for PPP wide Supply Chain Management. Ensures the quality, timeliness and consistency of how suppliers are engaged, work together and support each other.
- Working with the Information Management & Technology Lead and the Commercial leads from all Lot Partners, to establish the protocols, practices and PPP wide systems for supplier engagement.
- Responsible for all Supply Chain functions including coordinating with Lot 2, Lot 3 and Lot 4 Partners to ensure that all Supply Chain related work products are prepared and completed in compliance with the PPP standards and requirements.
- Responsible for effectively managing the supply chain relationships at both strategic & operational levels
- Working with suppliers to identify actions to address areas of poor performance
- Understanding the overall capability and capacity of the supply chain and identifying overlap and gaps.
- To oversee Project Suppliers performance and support all project controls and procurement personnel assigned to the Aligned Delivery Teams to ensure they proactively manage the project costs and schedules, so mitigation measures can be identified and actioned.
- To provide the necessary business assurance through auditing and monitoring of key performance indicators of suppliers to ensure the overall quality of Project execution is achieved.
- Responsible for identifying PPP supply chain & procurement resourcing and services requirements
- Providing leadership and direction in the coaching and upskilling to improve awareness and efficiency of suppliers for mutual benefit.
- Identifying and assigning the appropriately qualified personnel to the project Aligned Delivery Teams and ensuring they perform to the required standards and expectations.
- To support the Head of PPP in the development of business cases for scope transfer and additional services to existing and new suppliers.
- Ensuring HSSE goals, objectives and targets are met through personal leadership and involvement and communication with the Supply Chain
- Degree / HND / HNC level in a relevant subject
- Chartered member of a Supply Chain related professional body (e.g. MCIPS/RICS) or equivalent
- May include APM or Managing Successful Programmes qualification or equivalent
- Minimum of 15 years relevant experience, preferably in the nuclear or oil & gas industry or other regulated industry
- Previous supply chain & supplier management experience at a senior stakeholder level of at least 6 years
- Experience and knowledge of interfacing with external supply chain
- Proven success in driving value for money and quality improvements through the supply chain
- Strong commercial acumen, who can drive value for all parties, lower costs, manage & mitigate risks, drive greater efficiency, better quality and innovation.
- Coaching experience and capability
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, and able to build relationships cross functionally & collaboratively and to be able to manage stakeholders at all levels effectively.
- An excellent communicator, listener & influencer with a demonstrable ability to develop strong & trusting working relationships
- British Citizen.HMG Security Clearance will be required.
Job: Project Management
Primary Location: GB-ENG-Warrington
Req ID: 1084209