Project: Operations, Maintenance and Training 19 – 22 Project
Job Title: Project Controls Lead
Reports to: Project Management Office Manager
Location *:* Riyadh
KBR has been awarded a support contract by the UK Ministry of Defence (UK MOD). Under the terms of the contract, which will run until 2022 (with options out until 2025), KBR will provide communications network support and deliver training services in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. This is a significant long-term project and expands our portfolio of work with the UK MOD in the Middle East.
Under the contract, KBR is seeking to recruit staff to deliver:?
- Support in delivering IP Telephony at multiple sites, host applications such as Network Management System, Cable Management System and incident management software.?
- Operation of Service Desks in a number of regions.?
- Support to maintain operational capability of Fixed & Deployable equipment/capabilities.?
- Design & deliver a new Management Information System
- Technical & English Language Training in a number of regional locations.?
- Built Estate maintenance and upkeep.?
The Project Controls Manager (PCM) will work within the Project Office. They will take responsibility for integration of a number of control functions in supporting, planning, reporting and directing of programme delivery teams and supplier package oversight.
The Project Controls Manager will be responsible for supporting the Project Office Manager in delivering and integrating planning, risk, BCDR, reporting, cost control, KPI and change management.
The role will interface with:
- Active Project Managers
- PMO and reporting leads from the suppliers
- Commercial manager to develop change requests
Core Responsibilities *:*
- Management of the deployed Project Controls team of 5 individuals including allocation of tasks, resource management, appraisals, succession planning and development of individuals.
- Development of project specific Project Controls Execution Plan to achieve the contract requirements.
- Development of project specific processes and procedures and application of good practice
- Review and approval of all technical output, measures, metrics and recommendations from the Project Controls team members.
- Review and oversight of appropriate checks to ensure all data used by the project is complete, suitable and accurate.
- Use of MIS to secure and hold information.
- Analysis of KPIs and Service Level Agreements applied with the supply chain and integration of the results
- Development proactive use of lead indicator and trend reporting to identify concerns early.
- Accountable for the project risk management, opportunity management and issue management training, processes, templates and procedures for the programme.
- Responsible for managing risk work with all stakeholders across the whole Programme
- Integration of the risk review results into the project forecast.
- Contributing to status reporting, liaison with suppliers, tracking status of action plans.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- Degree qualified in an engineering, project delivery discipline or business management discipline.
- A minimum of 5 years relevant project delivery experience, within one of the core project control functions (cost, planning or risk)
- Have or be able to obtain necessary security clearance.
Experience and Skills:
- Demonstrable experience in PCM roles on major programmes or projects
- Sound knowledge of commercial aspects of major programmes or projects
- Understanding of different forecasting techniques incorporating Risk and earned value metrics
- Excellent knowledge of scheduling, cost management, risk management, change management and programme reporting, systems, tools, processes and procedures
- Experienced project controls systems and tools user and demonstrated knowledge of integration of the different tools to share data.
- Experience of range of reporting deliverables to different audiences
- Demonstrates good written, oral, comprehension and presentational skills to enable effective communication with customers and management.
- Proven ability to assimilate planning information from a variety of sources, understand the impact/implications of mis-alignments and discrepancies and propose actions.
- Proven ability to collaborate with team members to explain the impact on other suppliers to achieve optimal time, cost, performance goals.
- Demonstrates good organisational skills giving the ability to deliver to timeframes and estimates.
- Demonstrates analytical skills to break down complex scopes of work and arrange in a logical sequence.
- Demonstrates high proficiency levels with data manipulation, searching, comparison, reconciliation etc. within packages such as MS Excel.
- Experience of working in a SharePoint solution environment.
- Knowledge of the Facilities Management industry.
- Experience of working in a secure environment.
- Knowledge of system interfaces and proven experience in controlling and enhancing these interfaces.
- Experience of working in or closely with supply chain representatives
Job: Logistics & Government Services
Primary Location: SA-Riyadh
Req ID: 1084380