General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
Develops computer systems specifications that address business requirements and fit with company/customer system architecture standards
Provides installation, maintenance and troubleshooting support of information systems applications and related peripheral hardware.
1. Monitors and responds to hardware and software problems utilizing a variety of hardware and software testing tools and techniques.
2. Installs and configures applications software and related hardware (such as desktops, servers, and related peripherals like printers, scanners, drives, monitors and video teleconferencing hardware).
3. Provides software and system troubleshooting and support.
4. Provides technical support and training to end-users.
5. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technicians, and may have limited supervisory responsibilities.
6. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
7. Participates in special projects as required.
Responsible for performing system management and system administration functions supporting a distributed computing environment consisting of military simulations systems to include JLCCTC-MRF/ WARSIM, JLCCTC-ERF/ JCATS, and Low Overhead Drivers (LOD), and provides for the integration of these systems with Mission Command Systems (MCS) and administrative systems in order to support tailored unit digital MCS training requirements for military units ranging from battalion to echelons above corps. Serve as a subject matter expert on designated Constructive systems used to support training at the MTC.
1. Maintains coordination with proponents of new systems for information on availability of use, participation in Beta testing, and provision of recommendations prior to fielding.
2. Manage and track site Constructive system’s hardware and software resources as directed by the simulations supervisor to ensure that system technical requirements are met for all training events on supporting systems.
3. Maintain and update technical support request logs, status charts, and system configuration documentation for Constructive systems used in training exercises and events.
4. Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems (JLCCTC MRF / WARSIM). Maintains the integrity and security of servers and systems. Sets up JLCCTC MRF / WARSIM, JLCCTC ERF / JCATS and Low-Overhead-Driver (LOD) administrator and service accounts.
5. Maintains system documentation Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
6. Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
7. Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
8. May program in an administrative language.
9. Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
10. Provides advice and training to end-users.
11. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
12. Participates in special projects as required.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.