United States of America - Mississippi, Meridian
Inspects, trains other personnel and performs organizational, intermediate and depot level electronic maintenance/modification on contract units, subsystems and other weapon system components and support equipment. Advises other team members and solves unusual electronics problems by analysis and tests on missile, airframes, engines, flight control systems, electronic, and electrical systems. Acts as a Special Technical Advisor to his Supervisor. Position reports to Team Lead and/or Director of Maintenance.
1) Applies advanced technical knowledge to solve unusually complex problems that typically cannot be solved solely be referencing manufacturers' manuals or similar documents including determining the location and density of circuitry, evaluating electromagnetic radiation, isolating malfunctions, and incorporating engineering changes.
2) Requires a detailed understanding of the interrelationships of circuits.
3) Exercises independent judgment in performing such tasks as making circuit analyses, calculation of wave forms, and tracing relationships in signal flow.
4) Uses common and complex test instruments such as digital multi-meters, signal generators, semiconductor testers, curve tracers, oscilloscopes, high frequency pulse generators, frequency synthesizers, distortion analyzers, and complex computer control equipment.
5) Work may be reviewed by the Supervisor for general compliance with accepted practices.
6) Provides technical guidance to lower level technicians.
7) Maintains, repairs, and installs various types of electronic equipment and related devices such as electronic transmitting and receiving equipment (e.g., radar, radio, telecommunication, sonar, and navigational aids); micro and mainframe computers and terminals; and industrial measuring, controlling equipment, and industrial calibration devices.
8) Applies technical knowledge of electronics principles in determining malfunctions, and applies skill in restoring equipment operations.
Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) is required. Must have an FAA airframe and powerplant license. Minimum five (5) years actual and recent aircraft or vehicle, or missile experience required. Thorough knowledge of technical publications related to aircraft and missile electronics maintenance mandatory. Clarity of written and oral expression desired. Must have knowledge of the scopes and limitations of various categories of electronic maintenance (related maintenance functions) and their applications to the contract unit. Must know theory and principles of operation of engines, accessories and components, theory of flight and electronic flight controls, and a thorough knowledge of electrical and electronic principles. Must be capable of using and reading blueprints, wiring diagrams, and data tables. Must be able to inspect, repair, and operate ground support and auxiliary equipment.
Work Environment, Physical Demands, and Mental Demands:
Work is performed in a shop environment that is moderately lighted, heated and ventilated, is exposed to disagreeable fumes and to cuts and bruises from using tools in close placed and hazards of moving vehicles such as forklifts and sweepers in shop area. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and work in tiring and uncomfortable positions. The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb or balance, and taste or smell. Frequently lifts items weighing 40-45 pounds and occasionally in excess of 50 pounds. The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts, extreme heat, and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions; extreme cold; and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud, or may include unsafe conditions, questioning nonstandard operations or environmental factors that may involve unmitigated hazards, and providing feedback to supervisors and managers on all safety issues. Position may require the ability to pass and maintain a Security Clearance. Position may require travel.
Safety - URS enforces a safety culture whereby all employees have the responsibility for continuously developing and maintaining a safe work environment. As appropriate, each employee is responsible for completing all training requirements and fulfilling all self-aid/buddy aid responsibilities, participating in emergency response tasks and serving on safety committees and teams.
Quality - Quality is the foundation for the management of our business and the keystone to our goal of customer satisfaction. It is our policy to consistently provide services that meet customer expectations. Accordingly, each employee must conform to the URS Quality Policy and carry out job activities in compliance with applicable URS Quality System documents and customer contracts. Each employee must read and understand his/her Quality Management and Customer Satisfaction responsibilities.
Procedure Compliance - Each employee must read, understand and implement the general and specific operational, safety, quality and environmental requirements of all plans, procedures and policies pertaining to his/her job.
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is
pioneering the future . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions
inclusion, diversity and overall
employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our
core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only
delivering a better world , but working to “make amazing happen” in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
Job Category Maintenance
Business Line Management Services
Business Group Management Services Group (MS)
Country United States of America
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 222671BR
Clearance Required Yes
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.