Raytheon Missile Systems (RMS) Contracts has an opening for a Contract Administrator/Contracts Specialist in the Strategic and Naval Systems (SNS) product line. The successful applicant will be responsible for proposal preparation, contract negotiation, contract administration and customer contact for a fast paced, high volume Spares/Repairs activity on the Phalanx program. Duties include Request for Proposal (RFP) assessment, proposal strategy, contract negotiation and general contract administration. The successful applicant will be the primary customer interface, both internal and external, for Spares/Repairs contracting matters and will be responsible for establishing and maintaining a relationship based upon trust and cooperation, while also ensuring that proposed and negotiated terms and conditions are complied with. You will work closely with Program Office and Business/Estimating, Supply Chain and Operations in Tucson, Arizona and Louisville, Kentucky.
This position may be a Salary Grade G06 (Contract Administrator) or Salary Grade G07 (Contract Specialist) based on the candidate's qualifications and standing as outlined below:
Less than 2 years of experience – Contracts Administrator
2 or more years of experience - Contracts Specialist
Required Experience, Education, and Skills:
- Experience in government contract management, proposal preparation, contract negotiation, or the equivalent
- BA/BS in Business, Management, Business Law, Finance, Contracts, Legal Studies, or related discipline; related experience may qualify in lieu of a degree. (Master’s degree may be considered in lieu of 2 yrs of experience)
- Past experience in a position which requires understanding the financial aspects of contracts and other business arrangements; ability to contribute to negotiation strategy and possess strong negotiation skills
- Excel in communication skills both orally and in writing; strong analytical skills; strong interpersonal skills
- Experience working in a teaming environment both internally and externally
- Ability to obtain a DoD security clearance
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement. Employment is contingent on other factors, including, but not limited to, background checks and drug screens.
- One or more years of related contracts or finance experience
- A working knowledge of US Government acquisition and related regulations, e.g. Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), Department of Defense FAR Supplement (DFARS)
- Capable of multi-tasking and handling several assignments
- Focus on responsiveness with strong time management and organizational skills
- Solid understanding of Excel
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.