***Great opportunity for current graduate students or recent graduates of a graduate program. If you are not a current student or a recent graduate, please visit our other opportunities at and apply!***
As a Defense Contractor, there are specific programs requiring a certain level of Security Clearance and Special Access for assigned staff. The selected candidate will be required to secure these accesses. Not being able to secure the Secret Security Clearance needed for this position may result in an offer of employment being rescinded.
Raytheon Advanced Early Warning & Reconnaissance Systems (AEWRS) business of Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) is the provider of integrated system solutions that provide the customer with actionable information for strike, persistent surveillance, and special mission applications. Systems Engineers from the System Engineering, Integration and Test Center are key contributors to the effort in the cutting edge development and fielded systems.
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) is the leading provider of radar sensor systems. We provide war fighters the most accurate and timely information available for the network-centric battlefield. This position is specifically for a Systems Engineer to provide algorithm systems engineering as part of the Surveillance and Reconnaissance Systems Department. This department provides the full range of systems design and analysis-related activities in support of SAS radar programs.
These activities include:
Related day-to-day duties include:
- Develop the analysis to predict overall system performance, error margins and performance budgets (link budget, modeling, simulation and analysis).
- Development of mathematical algorithms for radar signal processing and calibration
- Computer modeling and simulation of sensor physics and phenomenology
- Performance predictions and analysis of data received from radars on various platforms
- Design and development of radar waveforms for target detection and information
- Technical presentations to both internal and external customers
- Technical team leadership participating in technical peer reviews throughout the product lifecycle of design, development, integration and test, and flight test requirements verification
- Interface with their team lead, team members, and other teams (SW and HW) on a daily basis
- Candidate should be a team player and work effectively with team members and provide cost effective solutions for customer needs.
- Conduct or participate in customer and/or program technical review presentations, and provide task progress status updates and work products to the team lead.
Participating in peer reviews throughout the product lifecycle of design, development, integration and test, and flight test verification. This individual will interface with their team lead, team members, and other teams on a daily basis, conduct or participate in customer and/or program technical review presentations, and provide task progress status updates and work products to the team lead.Required Skills:
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
- Must have ability to obtain Secret Clearance and SSBI/Special Access Clearance
- Must be able to obtain an interim Secret Security Clearance PRIOR to starting
- Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
- This position requires a U.S. person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate Government Agency for non-U.S. persons.
- Active Secret or Top Secret Clearance
- Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA (Please upload an unofficial transcript when applying)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, or Physics from an ABET approved college or university other related field by summer 2019 or have graduated within 18 months prior to start date.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.