Raytheon Intelligence, Information, and Services (IIS) is seeking a Senior Systems Engineer, Technical Lead – Sustainment and Modification to join our team in support of the Air Operations Center Weapon System (AOC WS) Long Term Modification and Sustainment Program (LTM&S). The position is located in Hampton, Virginia, at the USAF customer site.
This position requires technical and systems engineering experience along with proven leadership, and management experience in the modification and sustainment of existing baselines. The successful candidate will be effective at face-to-face interaction with customers and technical contractors to respond to requests for information, support to technical meetings, technical interchanges and enterprise working groups. The candidate must be able to work independently and represent the program and Raytheon at meetings and working groups with government and associate contractors. The candidate will be experienced in interpreting customer needs, identifying associated Business/Technical Requirements, and advising the Government on scope and schedule parameters to execute projects.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
Required Skills:Current Department of Defense (DoD) Secret security clearance. Top Secret preferred.Security+ DoD 8570 certification or higher.
- Provides hands-on technical direction and guidance for personnel performing system engineering, cybersecurity, systems integration, test, configuration management and other related areas of functional support.
- Identifies and anticipates hardware, software and license requirements to support lab, test, and integration efforts.
- Identifies and develops Lists of Materials (LOMs) and Bills of Materials (BOMs) to support procurement and contract actions.
- Works closely with customers, stakeholders and technical teams to conduct system engineering analysis, develop processes and milestone objectives for content to be integrated or modified within the current supported baselines.
- Oversees and leads agile practices across multiple teams to integrate content that has been prioritized.
- Leading, guiding, and mentoring cross functional teams on multiple large technical projects utilizing agile project management techniques.
- Providing technical evaluations of integration efforts and validating that solutions meet customer requirements.
- Analyzing new and complex technically challenging problems and creating innovative solutions involving scheduling, technology, methodology, tools, external support, and solution components.
- Assisting with the management of IPT resources and subsequent performance reporting of each area.
- Supporting the Government’s risk management processes, including risk identification and mitigation.
- Supporting the reporting of CDRLs and compliance with PWS. Complete and track lessons learned and metrics.
Desired Skills:Experience and practiced Agile (Scrum, Kanban) sprint planning, retrospectives, and daily scrums using JIRA or like tools.
- 10+ years of experience in systems engineering.
- 7+ years of engineering management and demonstrated leadership.
- Advanced knowledge of systems engineering roles and functions, including operations concept development, configuration management, requirements management, functional analysis, interface definition and control, synthesis, and/or verification and validation.
- Familiarity with systems employed operationally in Command & Control (C2) and Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (ISR) domains.
- Experience with NIST, FISMA, STIG, IAVA and DOD policies for cybersecurity for compliance, auditing, and engineering.
- Demonstrated self-starter – proactive in determining goals and objectives and pursuing the necessary course of action.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain good working relationship with all levels of the organization, including government customers, contractors, and program PMO/IPTs/CPTs, and engineering organization.
- Experience using tools and metrics to manage sustainment activity, including IMS.
- Proven and demonstrated written and oral communication skills, including presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly come up to speed on technical and management efforts currently underway.
- Knowledge of related disciplines in systems engineering, cybersecurity, integration, test engineering, quality assurance, configuration/data management.
Education:College degree in Systems Engineering, Cybersecurity, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, Physics, Math or other STEM degree, with 8 years relevant, applicable experience,OR Sixteen years relevant, applicable experience in lieu of degree.This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
- Experience in conducting test and validation of engineering efforts.
- Collaboration with product owner(s) in requirements decomposition, estimation, and planning.
- Coordination with government to establish testing and validation requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully lead/managed a multi-disciplinary project/team
- Six Sigma Certification.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.