Autonomous Systems R&D Consultant / DARPA / AFRL / ONR / CO or FL or TX
Job ID: 495508BR
Date posted: Aug. 08, 2019
City: Grand Prairie, Littleton, Orlando
State: Colorado, Florida, Texas
Description:Lockheed Martin Missiles and Fire Control Science and Technology (S&T) is searching for a trail blazer that will utilize their Research & Development background to grow the autonomy technologies across Lockheed Martin. If you love research and have been working with autonomous systems, and want to add value in a new way, this position if for you! This is a newly created role that will shape the future of Lockheed Martin's autonomous system technology by deciding what R&D projects Lockheed Martin should invest in. The focus of this position will be developing autonomy partnerships and new business opportunities across the full range of S&T customers (DARPA, AFRL, ONR, ARL etc). The Autonomy BD lead works side by side with team members to translate customer needs (current and anticipated) into discriminating technical and business solutions. This role is also responsible for leading customer interactions, identifying new business opportunities, developing and executing a capture plan and long range strategic and technology planning.
This role can be located in Littleton, CO; Orlando, FL; or Grand Prairie, TX. A relocation package is possible.
-Bachelor's Degree in an engineering or science discipline.
- Familiarity with at least one of the traditional CRAD customers (DARPA, AFRL, NRL, ONR, ARL, etc.)
- Must possess strong organizational and interpersonal skills to communicate effectively verbally and in writing, with all levels of management, clients, and functions.
- Ability to travel domestically.
- U.S citizen with the ability to obtain US Government Top Secret clearance. Secret clearance with an investigation
- Minimum of 10 years of related experience with Autonomous Systems in industry, military, or the Government or a combination of education and experience.
-Master's or Doctorate Degree in an engineering or science discipline.
- Proven experience capturing new business with the traditional CRAD customers (DARPA, AFRL, NRL, ONR, ARL, etc.).
- Active DoD Secret clearance.
- Experience transitioning technologies from R&D to a Program of Record.
- Existing relationships in the DoD Autonomy community.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: ESS0385 MISSILES AND FIRE CONTROL
Relocation Available: Possible
Career Area: Business Development
Clearance Level: Top Secret
Virtual Location: no
Work Schedule: FLEX9x80A-Friday off in 2nd week w/flex hrs/day