Perform duties as a Flight Test Engineer located in Tucson, Arizona. This position resides within the Integration & Verification Center with in the Systems Directorate. This Flight Test Engineer position will be primarily involved with the Missile Systems’ Coyote Rapid Response Program, reporting to the IVC UAS Section Head and AMS/LWS Department Manager. Responsibilities include flight test planning, execution, and data review. Additional responsibilities include missile build and testing, flight line missile preparation and testing. Extensive use of COMSEC equipment, AIS computers, and telemetry equipment is required for the position. The selected candidate needs to be comfortable maintaining and reconfiguring munitions, monitoring weapon telemetry in multiple environments, perform flight line operations and communicating directly to customers on a daily basis.
The selected candidate must be able to provide technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems. Work will be performed under only general direction and the selected candidate must be able to independently determine and develop solutions. This is a demanding, hands-on, flight line support position. Personnel must be willing to work non-standard and extended hours under potentially extreme conditions.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
Required Education, Skills, and Experience:
- A minimum of six (6) years related professional experience. Electronic, computer and mechanical skills required
- The candidate should possess basic engineering skills, familiarity with laboratory test equipment, electronics and software.
- Experience maintaining configuration control of products and drawings
- Demonstrated knowledge of telemetry software and associated hardware
- Demonstrated thorough knowledge Windows based PCs, software and peripheral hardware
- Experience troubleshooting varied electronic equipment
- Knowledge of Communications Security (COMSEC) equipment and Classified computer security requirements
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum of six (6) years of prior relevant experience
DoD Security Clearance:U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.Other Requirements:
- Ability to work well in diverse teams and have the ability to multi-task
- "Customer oriented” and driven to meet or exceed expectations
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Organizational skills and the ability to multi-task in a fast paced teaming environment.
- Written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work with and take direction from Functional Management and IPT’s from multiple programs
Desired Skills and Experience:Perform successfully in an open environment with frequent and direct interaction with Government customers and peers
- Travel to domestic and possible foreign sites
- Must be willing to relocate
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement. Employment is contingent on other factors, including, but not limited to, background checks and drug screens.
- Familiar with Lumistar or similar type telemetry systems
- Telemetry dictionary manipulation
- Familiar with flight line operations, lab environments, and explosive operations
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.