Are you looking for an engineering career that is challenging and satisfying? Then join our Raytheon team of engineers solving problems that make the world a safer place and help to secure our great nation! Come support those who provide us with all the freedoms we enjoy.
We offer great benefits that include medical, dental, vision, 401K match, flexible work schedule - just to name a few. Click here to view a brief video and learn more:
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services (IIS) delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, including a presence in Springfield, VA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
The Raytheon IIS Hardware & Infrastructure (HW&I) engineering team is seeking a Chief Network Engineer to provide leadership on the program to develop, modernize, enhance, operate and sustain transport services for NGA. The Chief Network Engineer is responsible for all technical performance and will serve as the primary point of contact within the Contractor PMO for all technical matters and issues related to transport and network services.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide engineering expertise and guidance for the design, development, implementation, operations and sustainment of transport services that enhance overall system performance and availability.
- Lead the research, analysis, solution design and implementation planning of solution for the modernization of existing transport solutions and infrastructures
- Drive strategic technological innovation, demonstrating a breadth and depth of knowledge in all things related to the complex operations of transport services.
- Provide technical knowledge and analysis of high-level functional systems analysis, design, integration advice on complex matters that require expert level knowledge of the subject matter for effective implementation.
An existing US Government TS/SCI clearance is required for this position.
Candidates with a current TS/SCI security clearance or higher are eligible for a $20,000 sign on bonus if the clearance is confirmed and the candidate is hired by Raytheon
- An active US Government TS/SCI security clearance (US citizenship required)
- Demonstrated specialized experience with implementing, engineering, architecting, designing or operating network technologies with an emphasis in DoD capabilities.
- Demonstrated experience leading design and implementation of complex transport IT solutions on a large program ($100M+).
- Demonstrated leadership experience serving as a chief architect, chief engineer, functional manager or team lead for a minimum of 5 years.
- Demonstrated experience modernizing complex enterprise network systems.
- Demonstrated experience presenting briefing to senior customer management and customer stakeholders.
- Certified as a Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE), Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP), CompTIA Network+, or Juniper Network Certified Expert –Enterprise (JNCIE-ENT).
- 6 years of related work experience
- Demonstrated experience in network design, engineering and operations with emphasis on NGA capabilities.
- Demonstrated 5 or more years of experience supporting an IC or DoD agency in adopting and transitioning systems and services to cloud environments, including hybrid cloud environments.
- Demonstrated specialized experience applying ICD 503 or Director of Central Intelligence Directive (DCID) 6/3 requirements to secure information systems.
- Demonstrated 5 or more years of experience supporting an IC or DoD agency in adopting and transitioning systems and services to cloud environments.
- Demonstrated 5 or more years of experience working with the IC Network Requirement Environment (NRE) working groups.
Requires a Bachelor’s degree, or higher, in Computer Science, Communications, Engineering or IT-related discipline and 6 years of related work experience
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.