Project Engineer / Lead Control Account Manager
Job ID: 495409BR
Date posted: Aug. 12, 2019
Description:The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
Lockheed Martin Space in Huntsville, AL has an immediate opportunity for a Project Engineering Associate Manager (entry managerial role) who wants to be part of this mission. If you have an interest in all things space and an interest in working for a company that will put astronauts on Mars, create 3D printed satellites, launch payloads that learn in orbit, or that develop national defense systems, come and be a part of our Project Engineering team. At Lockheed Martin Space, we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach – and yours as a Lockheed Martin employee.
In this Project Engineering leader role, you will serve as the Lead Control Account Manager (CAM) on a team that will be developing the hypersonic technology that could forever change our ability to deter and respond to conflict. In this role your duties will include:
• Helping the Control Account Department Manager in leading a team of control account mangers as well as leading your own control accounts, planning, budgeting, and managing the cost/schedule/technical performance for each assigned Control Account (CA)
• Effectively manage control account performance, elevate concerns and issues where appropriate to program management, including other impacted control account managers
• Work with partnering organizations (Supply Chain, PMP, Quality, etc) to ensure all processes are appropriately followed and implemented to ensure smooth product flow throughout the lifecycle
• Identify risks and opportunities to the program Risk & Opportunity Control Board and implement approved mitigation plans
• Conduct closed loop corrective action to include thorough variance analysis, monitoring of cost/schedule mitigation activities, and corrective action adjustment as necessary
• Provide timely and accurate insight to key program impacts or opportunities to the Program Manager. Be "at the ready" for any 2nd level questions related to parts procurement status, headcount challenges, resource constraints, or safety and quality issues
• Complete all earned value management (EVM) assigned duties to include work authorization requests, estimate at complete review, schedule status, variance reporting, and comprehensive estimates at complete
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking. Lockheed Martin Space offers a total compensation package from competitive wages, on-site medical care, 25 three-day weekends, and healthy living incentives just to name a few reasons to join Lockheed Martin. Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
• Bachelor's degree, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 7-9 years of professional experience
• Knowledge of program lifecycle and how early milestones may drive future costs
• Previous CAM or project lead experience
• Previous Proposal, Basis of Estimate (BOE), & Negotiations experience
• Risk and Opportunity Management experience
• Must be United States citizen with the ability to obtain a Secret security clearance
• Previous leadership role / experience
• Desire to enhance Program Management skills including communication, the ability to deal with unforeseen challenges, and building strong relationships.
• Demonstrated experience in driving complex issues or problems to successful closure.
• Strong problem solving, root cause, corrective action, and closure skills.
• Lead discussions and determine resolutions to problems.
• Demonstrate ability to work collaboratively with customer.
• Accept responsibility, accountability and exercise authority to ensure cost, schedule, and technical success.
• Support internal and external customer audits
• Active Secret clearance
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: ESS4400 SPACE
Relocation Available: No
Career Area: Program Management
Clearance Level: Secret
Virtual Location: no
Work Schedule: 9x80A-9,9,9,9,8 hrs/d in wk1, /9,9,9,9,off in wk2