Manufacturing Planner (early career)
Job ID: 491457BR
Date posted: Aug. 12, 2019
Description:The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Do you want to be part of a culture that inspires employees to envision the impossible, perform with excellence and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
Space Operations has an exciting opportunity for a entry level Manufacturing Planner to support the Special Programs organization located at our Sunnyvale Facility in Sunnyvale, CA. Special Programs has a consistent track record of stable programs with highly evolving technical requirements that drives subcontract changes on a regular basis. A significant number of future leaders have been developed with a wide variety of engagement programs and relevant work to develop individual potential.
In this role you will participate in a diverse array of responsibilities:
- Supporting the Assembly, Test and Launch Operations (ATLO) Electronic Ground Support Equipment (EGSE) Group
- Supply materials to production floor utilizing Automated Storage and Retrieval System (ASRS), SAP, & Space Forecasting tools
- Review material pipeline reports, track purchase orders, expedite and optimize material flow through the supply chain to meet customer requirements.
- Work with the Property department to ensure our materials are tagged
- Ensure tools/equipment calibration dates are in spec.
- Review weekly reports to identify impacts
- Interface with manufacturing, engineering, quality, procurement, and management, to provide timely status or materials
Benefits of Employment:
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin cultivates an inclusive work environment that inspires differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package:
• Bachelor's degree in Business Administration/Management, Industrial Engineering, Engineering, or Supply Chain related degree, or equivalent experience/combined education
• Proficient usage and understanding of Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel, Excel Macros and PowerPoint
• Must be a United States citizen and be able to obtain a government security clearance at the Secret level
• Excellent written communication skills
• Strong communication skills and effective at building relationships
• Ability to work under very general supervision
• Experience with planning tools (ex: SAP, MS Office)
• 3 years of professional experience in a related role
• Well organized with ability to prioritize multiple tasks
• Ability to understand how their direct inputs affect the larger picture
• Ability to be a change Agent
• Flexible and adaptable to changing environments
• Good presentation skills
• Strong problem solving skills
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: ESS4400 SPACE
Relocation Available: No
Career Area: Program Planning
Clearance Level: Secret
Virtual Location: no
Work Schedule: 9x80B-9,9,9,9,off hrs/d in wk1, /9,9,9,9,8 in wk2