Job ID: 494708BR
Date posted: Aug. 12, 2019
Description:At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills and experiences to craft, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Do you want join a culture that inspires employees to think creatively, exceed their own expectations and build incredible products? We provide the resources, support and focus - if you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
Do you have a passion to get humans back to the moon and eventually to Mars? NASA has developed a vision for exploration that includes the development of a Human Lander System and a Gateway Habitat in the next 5 years. The nation received a White House mandate to place humans back on the surface of the Moon by 2024. Lockheed Martin Space is onboard to be part of this historic event and is looking to build a core team of highly-motivated engineers excited to be working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. This is a rare opportunity for you to help NASA meet the challenges of the first step in achieving that “long-term presence at the Moon” and the stepping point for human missions to Mars.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that supports big picture thinking. Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
Paid time off
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers pursue the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a Systems Architect of the Gateway Habitat you will directly help establish the technical solution and overall system design for one of our country's most vital and complex Space Systems.
In this role you typically will:
• Ensure the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions
• Establish system architecture and CONOPS, perform system trades and analysis, flow down the architecture and CONOPS into requirements and interfaces, and support verification planning
• Use your excellent communication skills to work across the Lockheed Martin organization and customer/user community to ensure consensus and understanding of solutions
• Experience in one or more Systems Engineering functions, such as:
a.) Subsystem design or analysis
b.) CONOPS development
c.) System modeling or analysis
d.) Requirements and Interface Control Document (ICD) development
• Microsoft Office Suite proficiency
• Experience with a related Program, Project or Customer
• Experience working in the development phase of a Space development program
• Systems engineering experience or relevant systems engineering training through a university or certificate program
• Design and test experience in a subsystem or discipline outside of Systems Engineering
• Familiarity or proficiency with the following engineering tools: [SysML/Cameo Magic Draw, DOORS, MATLAB, Architecture Framework such as DoDAF, Model Center]
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, synergetic team environment
• Demonstrated basic understanding of systems thinking skills and behaviors
• Missile or space segment design and test experience with one or more subsystems or disciplines outside of Systems Engineering
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong social skills, and ability to build solid relationships with team members
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: ESS4400 SPACE
Relocation Available: No
Career Area: Systems Engineering: System Architecture
Clearance Level: None
Virtual Location: no
Work Schedule: 9x80A-9,9,9,9,8 hrs/d in wk1, /9,9,9,9,off in wk2