Subcontract Administrator, Early Career
Job ID: 494115BR
Date posted: Aug. 12, 2019
Description:Are you ready to take your career to a new level and work at an extraordinary company in Centennial, CO.?
The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
As we enter a new era of Strategic Weapon Systems, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems.
Do you want to be part of a culture that inspires employees to think big, perform with excellence and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration and focus - if you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
Do you have a passion for working on emerging technologies? Navy Strategic Programs (NSP) is experiencing significant growth and we need your expertise to deliver amazing new technologies to our customers. If you are seeking a career that has tremendous impact beyond any one individual come and be a part of the Fleet Ballistic Missile program. We are helping the Navy’s mission to provide affordable and credible strategic deterrence. We offer unique career opportunities and challenges on a program with a rich history and exciting future. We help keep this nation and our allies secure.
This is a rare opportunity to work closely alongside our Navy Strategic Systems Programs (SSP) partners to field a number of future strategic systems that the nation urgently needs.
Interested in joining us as a Subcontract Administrator? If so, you will support Supply Chain’s vision to enable customer and mission success through supply chain strategies and execution that deliver superior operational program performance and create high-reaching advantage through continuous improvement. It is our mission to deliver affordable supply chain solutions that meet all program requirements and handle supply chain risks to ensure positive supplier performance through all phases of the program life-cycle from capture to sustainment.
IN THIS ROLE:
• You will perform subcontract management duties in support of the D5 Fleet Ballistic Missile Program.
• You will handle the complete procurement life-cycle for assigned items from identification/shaping of initial product purchases, preparing request for proposal packages, review of offers, price analysis, order placement, delivery status and tracking hardware and data deliverables for assigned subcontracts through closure.
• You will build relationships with various suppliers, internal customers and peers to achieve desired goals.
• You will resolve supplier performance issues, dissolve internal programmatic issues that may affect supplier performance, and communicate those concerns, updating the status successfully with peers and management.
To be successful, you should be a goal oriented self-starter with 2-4 years of professional experience.
To promote the sharing of ideas, we at Lockheed Martin champion an inclusive work environment that supports differences and big-picture thinking.
You have opportunities to play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Lockheed Martin. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
• Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college.
• Ability to obtain a Secret clearance, thus US Citizenship is required.
• Supply Chain or Procurement experience
• good analytical abilities
• process and detail oriented
• negotiation skills
• experience with SAP enterprise resource planning software
• experience with Federal Acquisition Procedures and Government contracting
• ability to multi-task and prioritize workload to meet program/customer needs
• excellent verbal and written communication skills
• the ability to work in a fast-paced environment where adapting to change quickly is critical
• great attention to detail
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: ESS4400 SPACE
Relocation Available: No
Career Area: Purchasing/Procurement/Supply Chain
Clearance Level: Secret
Virtual Location: no
Work Schedule: 9x80A-9,9,9,9,8 hrs/d in wk1, /9,9,9,9,off in wk2