Systems Administrator Sr
Job ID: 495526BR
Date posted: Aug. 12, 2019
City: Fort Worth
Description:Joining the Lockheed Martin ALIS team immediately opens a world of educational and experiential development opportunities for you. Tuition Assistance is available for undergraduate and graduate degree programs as wells as professional and technical certifications to help you gain the specialized skills for personal and professional growth. Professionally, ALIS IT Service administrators develop skills of our many domestic US or expanding number of International locations. For the adventurous, temporary travel opportunities allow you to provide support at other locations and aboard ships deploying with the system. With experience, leadership opportunities become available as squadron leads, technical experts, and functional personnel leaders. At Lockheed Martin Rotary and Mission Systems (RMS), we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach – and yours as a Lockheed Martin employee. Lockheed Martin values you, your skills, training, and education. Come and experience your future!
This role is for an experienced System Administrator for the Joint Strike Fighter (JSF) Autonomic Logistics Information System (ALIS) at Fort Worth.
The system Administrator is responsible for providing the overall on-site ALIS maintenance and support and serves as the primary point of contact for any customer questions or concerns.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Backups, restores, and disaster recovery of the system
• Hardware/system monitoring and performance tuning
• System/software/user maintenance and Maintaining system documentation
• Setting up administrator and service accounts
• Installing system wide software and allocating mass storage space
• Interacting daily with users and acting as a Subject Matter Expert for the ALIS product suite
• Maintaining smooth, secure operation of multi-user computer systems through coordination with other administrative disciplines (security, database, network, and offboard mission Support)
• Training System Administrators and users on the ALIS system as needed
• Review processes/procedures, collect system operational data for analysis
This is an operational support role to an active global sustainment system, so the selected candidate may be required to support rotating shifts, and work over 40 hours per week—which may include weekends—as dictated by mission requirements.
The successful candidate will:
• Have, or be able to obtain, and retain DoD IAT Level II certification (e.g., Security+, CySA+, or CCNA Security)
• Have prior system administrator experience
• Be willing to work varied shifts and flexible schedules to meet customer mission requirements
In addition to the basic requirements above, the successful candidate may have one or more of the following:
• Current Security+, CySA+, or CCNA Security certification
• Demonstrated system administration experience, which may include:
o Installing, configuring and troubleshooting Internet Protocol (IP) Switch Fabric architecture (e.g., Routing, Fail Over, etc.)
o Disaster recovery: backups and restores of physical servers (Win2012) and virtual machines
o User Account Maintenance (Active Directory)
o Hardware/System Monitoring of physical and virtual servers
o Maintaining/upgrading system hardware and startup/shutdown of rack components
o Applying operating system updates, anti-virus/anti-spyware updates, and patch updates
o Experience troubleshooting Web Applications
o JBOSS (WildFly) Application Server Familiarity
o Understanding of Network Open System Interconnection (OSI) Model Layers.
o Working knowledge of Networked Attached Storage (NAS) systems and supported protocols
• Familiarity with Lockheed Martin products and processes, to include the JSF ALIS hardware and software
• Prior fighter aircraft maintenance experience
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: ESS6500 RMS
Relocation Available: Possible
Career Area: Information Technology
Clearance Level: Secret
Virtual Location: no
Work Schedule: TEMPO: 9X80A - Standard Fri to Fri (Flex & Rigid)