Electronics Technician B - Cable and Harness Assembly / 2nd Shift / Grand Prairie, TX
Job ID: 496233BR
Date posted: Aug. 13, 2019
City: Grand Prairie
Program: MFC PPC
Description:Missiles and Fire Control (MFC) is a recognized designer, developer and manufacturer of precision engagement aerospace and defense systems for the U.S. and allied militaries. This is Lockheed Martin’s lead business unit for research development and production of manned and unmanned ground-vehicle systems, electro-optical and smart munitions systems and is a pioneer in the field of versatile, high-performance missile and rocket technology.
For this position, tasks include but are not limited to:
- Fabricating, modifying, repairing electrical/electronic systems, and performing limited over-braiding functions under direct guidance from Expert or Lead Technician
- Obtaining assistance from labor grade 04 technicians as needed
- Using associated equipment and tools to include but not limited to: soldering irons, wire strippers, crimpers, multimeters, meggers, heat guns, banding equipment, and limited use of grinder, drill press and like items
- Working from schematics, blueprints, and wiring diagrams
- Using a wide variety of materials dictated by customer requirements
- Keeping own work area clean and orderly
- Ability to work from schematics or blueprints or wiring diagrams
- Ability to use soldering irons or wire strippers or crimpers or multimeters or meggers or heat guns
- High school diploma or equivalent with minimum 6 months experience of electrical manufacturing
- Harness/Cable building
- Ability to verify electrical/electronic systems
- Troubleshooting skills
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Hourly/Non-Exempt
Business Unit: ESS0385 MISSILES AND FIRE CONTROL
Relocation Available: No
Career Area: Manufacturing
Clearance Level: None
Virtual Location: no
Work Schedule: 4X10A- 4 10 hr days Mon-Thurs; Fr/Sa/Su off