Systems Engineering Co-op
Job ID: 493530BR
Date posted: Aug. 13, 2019
State: New York
Program: UPRM Site recruiting event
Description:A co-op in this position will work closely with engineers supporting government fixed or rotary wing aircraft contracts in one or more of the following areas: systems integration and test, mission planning, installation design on aircraft, communication & navigation systems, networking & computing or requirements decomposition and traceability. Specific tasks may include: technical trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications, documentation review and update, testing of recent engineering releases, analysis & documentation of problem trouble reports found during testing, providing written and verbal status of testing progress to the concurrent engineering team and providing suggestions for problem trouble report resolution.
- Candidates must be currently enrolled in an accredited engineering curriculum
- Candidates must have an academic background in Electrical Engineering, Electrical Engineering Technical, Computer Engineering, Computer Engineering Technical, or Computer Science
- Candidates must have the ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office tools
- Must have a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA
- Must possess an interim secret clearance prior to start
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a secret clearance once in role
* Prior engineering co-op or internship experience
* Working knowledge of Systems engineering, software programming experience, and/or lab experience
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Co-op/Summer Intern
Business Unit: ESS6500 RMS
Relocation Available: Possible
Career Area: Systems Engineering: Other
Clearance Level: Secret
Virtual Location: no
Work Schedule: TEMPO: PART-TIME - 9X80 Fri to Fri Equivalent