Job ID: 494376BR
Date posted: Aug. 13, 2019
City: Fort Worth
Program: Joint Strike Fighter
Description:Are you looking for an opportunity to work in a challenging, fast paced, high visibility environment requiring you to balance engineering skills, technical awareness, and strategic thinking to ensure successful execution of the largest defense program in history? Are you quick, innovative, process minded, customer focused, and great at networking? Do you want to exercise and develop your skills in project management across multiple cases and initiatives that can protect or save millions of dollars in program spending? Then look no further! The Technology & Strategies Team has what you are looking for! The T&S Team is part of the F-35 Systems Engineering & Integration organization and is looking for self-starting, motivated engineers who are willing to leverage their strengths and energy with a dedicated team.
Supporting the F-35 Affordability Program, the systems engineer will be responsible for the integration and execution of Cost Reduction Initiatives (CRI) across the Production, Sustainment, and Development business units for the program. The candidate will provide counsel to cost category and CRI project owners regarding Affordability processes, business decision criteria’s, and funding options for successful CRI completion. The candidate will monitor costs and progress of CRI projects, provide technical guidance to the CRI process managers, and work in accordance with program management requests and expectations from the F-35 Program Office. Dedicated communication skills are a must, as integration duties will require liaison duties across multiple stakeholders and teams such as engineering, manufacturing, supply chain, suppliers, and business units across the F-35 program as well as our JPO customer. As a systems engineer, the candidate will also develop and exercise skills as a Value Driven Solutions Specialist according to the expectations set forth by the Aeronautics Engineering & Technology functional leadership.
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering.
Engineering Experience in the Aerospace Industry
• Experience using Microsoft Office tools emphasizing Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
• Experience with written, verbal, and presentation communications skills, including briefing to members of upper management.
• Experience in systems engineering disciplines with understanding of the total lifecycle (architecture, requirements, design, analysis, integration, verification, production and sustainment) including the following key competencies: Supplier Interface, Proposal Analysis, Risk and Opportunity Assessment.
• Experience working with the change request process.
• Experience with trade studies.
• Understanding and strong appreciation for practicing and developing Standard Work processes and tools.
• Knowledge of overall F-35 air system, design, and processes.
• Knowledge of F-35 development, production operations, and sustainment.
• Knowledge of lean manufacturing principles or experience.
• Knowledge of Subcontract Management process (TINA, FAR, proposal, PCA, negotiations, FFP, LTA, MRC, etc.)
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: ESS0343 AERONAUTICS COMPANY
Relocation Available: Yes
Career Area: Systems Engineering: Specialty Engineering
Clearance Level: Secret
Virtual Location: no
Work Schedule: FLEX9x80A-Friday off in 2nd week w/flex hrs/day