Our Software Engineers are developing and maintaining the critical capabilities which enable our warfighters to be successful. Working in the Space and Airborne Systems business unit of Raytheon, you can contribute to cutting edge technologies across surface, air, cyber and space domains, supporting precision engagement, missile defense, homeland security, integrated communications, and intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance. Candidates have the opportunity to work alongside and be mentored by the best and the brightest engineers and scientists who are providing solutions to our customers worldwide. In addition to maintaining a strong portfolio of core capabilities, we continue to expand globally and innovate in our growth markets. Opportunities exist to participate on innovative teams which are providing the most advanced research and development capabilities to solve the most complex problems.
The Space Systems Software Solution Department in El Segundo, CA is looking to hire a Principal Software Engineer to join our team.
Typical job functions for the Principal Software Engineer include:
- Participation on collaborative, cross-disciplined integrated product teams, often employing agile software development techniques and tools to plan, design, develop, test, and integrate complex software and systems solutions.
- Responsibilities span the full lifecycle of product development, from architecture and design, through integration, test, and field support.
- Working in an Engineering organization with the highest software engineering process maturity level as recognized by the Software Engineering Institute.
- Must have a BS / BA with a major in Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Math, or other related field.
- Minimum 8 years of Professional Software development experience
- Experience with C, C++, or JAVA
- Experience with Agile lifecycle process including Scrum, Continuous Integration and Test Driven Development Methodologies
- Current Secret security clearance is required
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
- MS / MA with a major in Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Math, or other related field.
- Exposure to Model Driven Development
- Experience with real-time operating systems (RTOS), embedded programming, processor/board architecture and design
- Working knowledge of UNIX, Linux, Windows, VxWorks or other Real time operating systems
- Understanding of standard system engineering design artifacts such as Use Cases and SysML diagrams
- Applied experience in Unified Modeling Language (UML) and Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) principles
- U.S. Security Clearance is desired
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.