Raytheon Missile Systems is the world’s largest missile producer. RMS is responsible for the design, test, manufacture, and support of weapon systems equipping the US warfighter and our international allies to meet a large variety of demanding mission requirements. Every missile system produced by Raytheon contains advanced electrical subsystems. These enable target detection, target tracking, guidance, navigation, signal processing, and communication in extreme battle-field environments. The Electrical Subsystems Directorate (ESD) is responsible for all aspects of these subsystems’ design, test, and production.
The Subsystem Design and Architecture Department, a part of ESD, is currently searching for an Electrical Engineer with experience in developing electrical subsystems composed of analog, digital, RF, and/or power functions. The role of the subsystems engineer is to maintain the subsystem architecture, develop subsystem and component requirements, support engineers as they create designs to meet the requirements, and support integration and test of the electrical subsystem. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated a solid background in detailed design, have some experience in systems engineering and architecture, and have a desire to grow into a guidance section architect.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
- Work environment is primarily in an office, but may include labs, field work, or a combination.
- Assignments may include analysis of hardware designs, subsystems, and components; architecting new electronic systems; developing and documenting subsystem requirements and test plans; peer reviews of designs as a subject matter expert; presentations to peers, Raytheon management, and government customers; and root-cause failure investigations.
- Raytheon Missile Systems has a strong culture of mentoring; it is expected that employees will be both mentors and mentees.
- Assignments may require supporting multiple programs.
- This position may participate in or lead integration efforts.
- Assignments may require some travel, including foreign travel.
- Work within a multi-disciplined team.
- Work independently, with little supervision.
- Develop a network, and know when to use it to get help.
- Ensure proper engineering discipline is applied to all designs.
- Provide the best technical solution within cost and schedule constraints.
- A Minimum of 6 years of experience in electrical systems, with a broad understanding of hardware, firmware, software, components, and subsystems.
- Experience in systems engineering including requirements development, requirement validation, and subsystem trade studies.
- Experience conveying advanced and/ or complex technical concepts, via written and oral, to engineers or managers, including government customers.
Required Education (including Major):B.S degree required. Majors: Physics, Systems, Electrical Engineering, or related STEM degree. Security Requirement:This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement. Employment is contingent on other factors, including, but not limited to, background checks and drug screens.
- Four or more years’ experience working with missiles or similar systems.
- Experience in detailed electrical hardware design.
- An understanding of how parts of an electronic subsystem interact.
- Have an engineer’s curiosity, and a desire to learn and grow.
- Experience in integration and test of CCAs and firmware, and into higher-level assemblies.
- A current Top-Secret DoD security clearance.
- A Master of Science degree in EE or Systems.
- Be able to manage multiple tasks.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.