Raytheon Missile Systems is the world’s largest missile producer. RMS is responsible for the design, test, manufacture, and support of weapon systems equipping the US warfighter and our international allies to meet a large variety of demanding mission requirements. Every missile system produced by Raytheon contains advanced electrical subsystems. These enable target detection, target tracking, guidance, navigation, signal processing, and communication in extreme battle-field environments. The Electrical Subsystems Directorate (ESD) is responsible for all aspects of these subsystems’ design, test, and production.
The Subsystem Design and Architecture Department, a part of ESD, is currently searching for an Electrical Engineer with experience in board and stack level Boundary-Scan, JTAG development.
This position is not for a Circuit Card Assembly (CCA) designer, but rather for a Subject Matter Expert (SME) who will assist CCA designers implement boundary scan testability into their designs. The Boundary-Scan Engineer will leverage a depth of understanding and experience in detailed digital design and manufacturing, and apply that to the CCAs under development, on multiple programs across the RMS business unit. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated a solid background in detailed digital design as well as software scripting.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
- Work environment is primarily in an office, but may include labs, field work, or a combination.
- Assignments will include working with third party boundary-scan tools to develop test and programming scripts for development and production.
- Raytheon Missile Systems has a strong culture of mentoring; it is expected that employees will be both mentors and mentees.
- Assignments will require supporting multiple programs.
- This position may support, but not lead, integration efforts.
- Assignments may require some travel, including foreign travel.
- Participate in development of CCA test requirement.
- Review CCA designs to felicitate in circuit programming and test through the proper implementation of Boundary-Scan design practices.
- Develop programming and test scripts for CCA designs.
- Support multiple programs with hands on debugging of CCAs in the bring-up and integration phase of development.
- Work within a multi-disciplined team.
- Support factory/production test engineers.
- Work independently, with little supervision.
- Provide the best technical solution within cost and schedule constraints.
- Experience with Boundary-Scan (IEEE-1149.1), JTAG; scripting, Schematic Analysis, CCA design, troubleshooting, and integration.
- A Minimum of 4 years of experience in electrical systems, with a broad understanding of all hardware, firmware, software, components, and subsystems.
Required Education (including Major): A Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or related STEM degree. Security Requirement: This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement. Employment is contingent on other factors, including, but not limited to, background checks and drug screens.
- Experience working with JTAG Technologies hardware and software tools.
- C/C++, Python scripting experience.
- Four or more years’ experience working with missiles or similar systems.
- Experience in integration and test of CCAs and firmware, and into higher-level assemblies.
- A current Secret DoD security clearance.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.