***Great opportunity for current graduate students or recent graduates of a graduate program. If you are not a current student or a recent graduate, please visit our other opportunities at and apply!***Job Description:
Raytheon Space & Airborne Systems (SAS) is seeking an Entry-Level Program Planning Professional to join the Integrated Program Planning department as a Program Planner II in Fort Wayne, IN. The successful candidate will support a diverse group of senior managers, engineers and functional personnel in the development and analysis of program plans and schedules within the Integrated Communication Systems business area.
Analytical problem solving and communication skills are essential for successful creation and implementation of the Integrated Master Schedule (IMS). During the program execution phase, the Program Planner is the focal point for changes and updates to the IMS. The successful candidate must be able to identify and recommend insightful mitigation plans to ensure that the IMS is used by program teams as a predictive model and as a valued management tool. This position requires an awareness of project management and review techniques. Basic facilitation skills and the ability to proactively communicate with peers, team leads, technical leaders, management and the customer are required.Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Creation and maintenance of program integrated master schedules.
- Assist in planning, scheduling, and cost estimating tasks
- Incorporate contractual and programmatic changes into the IMS to maintain realistic, current contract schedule baselines
- Perform analyses, prepare reports and presentations to ensure programs meet or exceed schedule commitments
- Participate in the preparation of schedules for all contract work and assist in analyses such as critical path, schedule risk, and variance analysis
- 0-2 years of experience within Program Planning
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and use of Information Technology
- Demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills
- Sound presentation skills
- Understanding of process flows/flow-charting
- Detail oriented with the ability to thrive in deadline oriented environment
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
Required Education (including major):
- Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA (Please upload an unofficial transcript when applying)
- Basic skills in project planning, business management budgeting, data analysis, and reporting
- Awareness of project management business systems and related planning software (e.g. Microsoft Project)
- Familiarity with Statistical Methods and Analysis
- Awareness of planning and program products created as part of the planning process (e.g. Integrated Master Plans/Schedules, Product Breakdown Structures and Work Breakdown Structures)
- Awareness of Earned Value Management System or similar business process, Risk Mitigation, and Six Sigma
- Ability to balance cost/technical/schedule constraints to achieve customer satisfaction
- Must have a MS / MA with a major in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Engineering, Information Technology, or other related field by Summer 2019 or have graduated within 18 months prior to start date.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.