Benchmark Software Engineer
As member of the Integration & Test (I&T) Functional Area of the Missile Defense National Team for Command and Control, Battle Management, and 6/Communications (C2BMC) (aka C2BMC NT you will coordinate, develop and maintain analysis and test tracking tools. In performance of these tasks, the Tools Developer will be responsible for assisting with the planning, scheduling and development of verification analysis tools and ensuring proper backup/archiving of test products and analysis datasets Additionally you will develop and maintain analysis tools in accordance with requirements provided by the test analysts including Excel-based tools (VBA) and ETL (Extract/Transform/Load) tools created in JAVA.
Technical Skill Required:
- Develop tools to evaluate software, algorithms and processes that enable the Command and Control, Battle Management and Communications (C2BMC) element of the Ballistic Missile Defense System (BMDS)
- Knowledge of the integration and testing of Command & Control systems with applied relevance to basic architectures utilized in the BMDS environment and focused for C2BMC to include external C2BMC element interfaces
- Able to assist test tool analysts with technical troubleshooting and analysis of test traceability and analysis tools.
- Development and maintenance of relational databases
- Manipulation of large data sets; spreadsheet analysis, and associated tools
- Experience in the use of software test and analysis tools, requirements traceability tools such as DOORS
- Use of discrepancy tracking tools such as Rational ClearQuest
- Use of tools for test automation
- JAVA software, SQL queries.
- Analysis tools (e.g., S-Plus, Perl scripting, MATLAB), Experience in software development (e.g., C++/C# or visual studio) or the development and use of software test and analysis tools
- Web development, process improvement, and/or causal analysis experience.
- Relational Database development (preferably MySQL)
- Use of DOD test methodologies; software test/analysis planning and execution; planning and execution of test data collection; and test data analysis and reporting
- Characterizing system or software performance using test results, reporting the characterization to subsequent users, and contributing to performance assessment of program system engineers
- Experience with BMDS elements or components, to include operational systems (e.g., Aegis, Patriot, GMD, THAAD, SBX, Aegis) in either a test or operational environment; experience in the use of COTS modeling, simulation and analysis tools
Technical BA/BS in Engineering, Computer Science, or Math plus 8 years hands on experience in a similar field or equivalent combination of education and experience.Other:
Candidate is expected to travel as needed (less than 10%) but the majority of work will be conducted at Schriever AFB. Some non-standard work hours are possible intermittently.Clearance Requirement:
Active/Current Secret ClearanceU.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.