The SAS Advanced Manufacturing, Modernization, and Technology (AMMT) team is seeking an enthusiastic, innovative team member to take on the role of Sr. Automation Engineer in SAS Forest, MS. This position will be responsible for executing automation projects and proving sustainment to automation systems within the Forest factory.
The Automation Engineer will work for the Forest Automation Manager, and will collaborate with local factory leadership, manufacturing engineering, supply chain, and front end of the business Automation Lead to execute automation development and deployment and incorporate advanced Smart Factory/Industry 4.0 technologies. The position will be networked across SAS factories, which includes locations in El Segundo (CA), McKinney (TX), Largo (FL), Santa Barbara County (CA), in addition to operations and automation engineers from other Raytheon business units. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of automation deployment and/or sustainment in a factory setting, including high mix, low volume production.
- Experience in automation development, deployment and sustainment in a factory setting.
- 4+ years’ professional engineering experience in a manufacturing environment, with at least 4 years being directly related to automation and/or controls.
- Understanding of automation programming environments
- Experience in mechanical and/or electrical design, computer vision, artificial intelligence, or other related field.
- Experience with CAD (Solidworks, Pro E, AutoCAD electrical, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to develop business cases and Return on Investment analyses for automation deployments
- Experience with automation systems (robots, vision systems, PLCs, etc.)
- Must be U.S Citizen
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
- Experience in project management, as it relates to automation development and deployment, including MS Project schedule development, and financial measures/metrics.
- Experience with PLCs, MTConnect, and/or Transactional Automation (use of API, XML)
- Understanding of Lean principles and terminology and/or six sigma black belt or equivalent
- Familiarity with Industry 4.0 / Smart Factory concepts, Digital Manufacturing Simulation
- Understanding of SCADA (Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition) systems, MES (Manufacturing Execution Systems), ISA (International Society of Automation) 95 architectures.
- Experience with cyber and/or cyber-physical systems security protocols
- Ability to obtain an SSBI Clearance, or candidate holds active SSBI.
- Experience or education in Systems Engineering and application to automation systems.
- BS in and Engineering field or the sciences
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
- MS in Engineering or Business related field (for example, Systems Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, or Industrial Engineering, MBA, Business Management, Program Management)
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.