The Subcontract Manager is an integral member of the Mission Systems and Sensors Subcontracts Management team. In this role, you will be responsible for overall Subcontractor performance throughout the subcontract life cycle. The Subcontract Manager documents, prepares, negotiates cost, price and terms and conditions, and executes major subcontracts; provides formal communication and contractual direction; and performs contract close-out. A major subcontract may include design / technical development, NRE management, coordination of performance based payments, Technical Data Package and Statement of Work evaluation, understanding of Export / Import requirements and interaction with the Office of General Counsel.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Managing Subcontractors to meet all subcontract requirements including cost, schedule, technical and quality requirements.
- Managing and reporting subcontract performance to the Global Supply Chain Cross Business Team and Program/Integrated Product Team.
- Preparing and issuing Requests for Proposal to support proposal and program requirements; reviewing and leading subcontract proposal evaluations.
- Participating in development and selection for a Best Value Source Selection
- Performing cost and price analysis, developing negotiation strategies, and leading negotiations.
- Ensuring subcontract compliance with public law and Raytheon Company policy and procedures; understanding and applying Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR/DFAR), ITAR, and import/export requirements, as appropriate.
- Maintaining required subcontract records
- 8+ years’ experience in any of the following: Subcontracts, Contracts, Supply Chain, Procurement or Supplier Management
- Demonstrated experience in in supply chain processes and functions
- Experience working in a cross-functional environment Terms and conditions negotiations experience
- Analytical skills for performing price/cost analysis and problem solving
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
Required Education (including Major): Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience in the government, aerospace, and/or defense industries, including international procurement
- Experience with multiple subcontract types – FFP, CP type contracts, etc.
- Experience with development programs
- Experience with import/export regulations (ITAR/EAR)
- In-depth working knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR and DFAR)
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) including demonstrated presentation skills
- Experience in desktop computing tools (MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Project)
- Experience working with ERP system (i.e. SAP/PRISM)
- Ability to work independently
- Possess good organizational capabilities and be detail oriented
- Demonstration of negotiation skills and supplier resolution
- Ability to multi-task, manage multiple suppliers, and comfortable in fast-paced environment
- Six Sigma Certification
- NCMA Certification
- This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.