Industrial Engineer / Scheduler (Entry Level)
Job ID: 495462BR
Date posted: Aug. 14, 2019
Description:**Role requires the ability to obtain a security clearance at the secret level.
Our team is growing and we have multiple opportunities to support both sustaining and advanced development programs in every stage of the product life-cycle. Specific responsibilities for this role include:
• Apply industrial engineering concepts and techniques to analyze processes and support product and process design teams in all stages of the product life cycle.
• Plan and prepare production schedules to support production operations based on engineering plans, production specifications, plant capacity, availability of parts, and manpower requirements.
• Use critical path methodology and application in network development, analysis, and problem resolution is required.
• Interface with program management, manufacturing leads, customer, and functional leads to drive tasks to completion.
• Competently use computers and other systems to access, maintain, and manipulate data.
• Provide direct shop floor support including creation of crew plans, burn down charts, and performance metrics to surface problems and optimize production.
• Responsible for weekly maintenance of project timelines which includes updates, analysis, and the ability to simulate various scheduling scenarios; readjusts schedules as needed.
• Coordinates with department supervisors to determine status of assigned projects and advise management on the status of work in progress, material availability, and potential production issues.
• Assist teams in the implementation of changes in manufacturing, engineering and service operations to improve key performance indicators.
• Document processes and contribute to production engineering body of knowledge playbooks.
• Bachelor's degree in an engineering or technical discipline or equivalent experience
• Experience performing industrial engineering tasks
• Experience with Microsoft Project, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access
• Bachelor’s degree in industrial engineering
• Production (shop floor) experience
• Experience with critical path methodology network development, analysis, and problem resolution
• Experience creating shop floor crew plans to ensure resources are properly allocated and utilized effectively
• Experience applying and implementing lean manufacturing principles in a production system.
• Project management experience
• Proficient with SAP
• Proficient with HMS suite of applications (CAPP, SFM)
• Certified in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM)
• Experience with Earned Value Management System (EVMS)
• Experience working with Business Objects (BO) or other performance reporting tools.
• Ability to effectively communicate in both oral and written forms
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: ESS0343 AERONAUTICS COMPANY
Relocation Available: Possible
Career Area: Manufacturing
Clearance Level: Secret
Virtual Location: no
Work Schedule: FLEX9x80A-Friday off in 2nd week w/flex hrs/day