Strategic Planning Analyst Senior / Orlando, FL or Dallas, TX
Job ID: 496656BR
Date posted: Aug. 14, 2019
City: Grand Prairie, Orlando
State: Florida, Texas
Description:This Strategic Planning position supports Strategy & Business Development and the entire enterprise.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Develop, analyze, and monitor profitability, productivity, and growth metrics including market forecasts, orders and customer budgets.
• Track and perform required analysis of Government, Customer, and Defense Industry activities and initiatives.
• Lead a variety of strategic projects that support the growth and value creation objectives of S&BD and MFC.
• Support executive management in the development of near-term and long-range objectives and the Strategic Plan for MFC’s growth.
• Facilitate the development of cross-LOB market perspectives and strategies.
• Facilitate the understanding of and positioning in the marketplace as it relates to business opportunities, including countries, customers, and competitors.
• Assess MFC business and market performance
• Liaison to all LOB's by providing open communication lines and support between Strategic Planning and their organizations.
• Support key capture efforts such as Color Team Reviews, Strategic Business Reviews (SBRs), and Competitive Intelligence (CI) inquiries.
• Provide integral support for the creation of MFC's Long Range Plan (LRP) and weekly/monthly orders reporting
• Support the development of teaming, investment, and M&A opportunities
• Support Technical and business case assessments of external investments and partnerships, mergers and acquisitions, corporate ventures, and teaming.
• Develop and maintain relationships with LM Venture companies MFC has invested in whether it’s IRAD or Contract pursuits
• Manage the process for tracking and reporting MFC NBAE activities –
• Monthly NBAE Status Report to Senior Leadership, Principal Investigators, Business Development, Program Management and Finance
• Monthly IRAD earned value reporting to Chief Engineers
• Electronic Technology Investment Planning (E-TIP) administrative support
• Support CETO with IR&D data calls
• Report annual IR&D information and descriptions to the DoD through Defense Technical Information Center (DTIC) Coordinate and lead the Annual Allocation of IR&D and Bid & Proposal investment resources
• Prepare templates and coordinate with the Lines of Business for NBAE Allocation executive reviews
• Prepare MFC overview with strategic analysis for executive reviews
- Understanding of MFC products and processes
- Advanced MS Office skills (specifically Power Point and Excel)
- Demonstrated outstanding written and verbal presentation and communication skills
- Ability to think strategically
- Ability to organize and analyze data for key recommendations
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Ability to interact with and present data to executive level Senior Leadership
- Strong Business Acumen
- Ability to evaluate Competitive Research and Analysis
- Strong financial acumen
- Experience in doing Market Research, Forecasting, and Analysis
- Familiarity with MFC's New Business Opportunity process
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: ESS0385 MISSILES AND FIRE CONTROL
Relocation Available: Possible
Career Area: Business Development
Clearance Level: Secret
Virtual Location: no
Work Schedule: FLEX9x80A-Friday off in 2nd week w/flex hrs/day