Job ID: 496866BR
Date posted: Aug. 15, 2019
Description:The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems.
We have an outstanding opportunity for a Contracts Director to join the Commercial Civil Space Line of Business, a $2.0B annual portfolio supporting NASA, the United States Air Force, and commercial / international customers. The Director leads the Contracting function at the Colorado location. Our portfolio continues to expand, and this assignment provides exceptional opportunities to shape the future and position for many future advancement opportunities.
In this dynamic role you will:
• Implement Prime contract strategies consistent with LM Space Systems and Line of Business (LOB) strategic imperatives.
• Provide highly visible leadership to Commercial Civil Space contracts personnel to ensure the team develops flexible contracting strategies to support the needs of the LOB and Space.
• Partner with LOB and Space functional organizations to ensure contracting activities are vetted across multiple stakeholders.
• Ensure each contract and proposal action is reviewed and approved consistent with the Space and LOB Delegation of Authority and that all documentation is complete per command media/policy.
•Develop and maintain customer relationships to ensure positive and constructive interactions.
• Act as an advocate for diversity and inclusion and create opportunities for positive employee engagement.
• Manage and provide leadership for activities associated with contract management responsibilities including but not limited to: proposal preparation and contract negotiations; assessment of terms and conditions to ensure the corporation is protected from unusual risk and sustains or improves the LOB long range plan; management of LOB financial exposure authorizations; contract closeouts and interface with Supply Chain leadership to ensure relevant contracting requirements are communicated and incorporated.
This position is accountable to Space central contracting compliance to ensure that all Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) requirements and Finance & Business Operations (F&BO) processes are implemented on LOB proposals. This position is also responsible for the multi-functional coordination of the Executive Planning Panel (EPP) process to ensure that LOB and Corporate EPPs are conducted in a timely and efficient manner. Additionally, this position will lead LM and customer interactions regarding prime contract proposal quality initiatives. This position is also accountable for all customer interactions within the contracts organization to ensure that customer relationships are developed and maintained to ensure mutual contracts are negotiated and program execution is conducted in a highly collaborated manner with the customer.
You will provide leadership for approximately 20 contracting professionals in geographically dispersed locations and be responsible for implementing common processes and methods to facilitate knowledge transfer across the organization and work sites. You will also act as a key interface with Estimating and Independent Cost Estimating (ICE). You will also be responsible for improving the business acumen and negotiation skills across the staff.
In addition to supporting the LOB initiatives, you will support or lead strategic initiatives identified by VP Contracts as coordinated with the LOB Business Director.
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited college, or equivalent experience/combined education
• Extensive US Government (USG) customer interface with prime or sub-contracting experience across large programs.
• Leadership of prime contracts or subcontracts organizations.
• Demonstrated involvement in USG proposal quality and timeliness initiatives.
• Demonstrated Leadership experience and demonstrated Full Spectrum Leadership competencies.
• Significant experience with policies related to USG, commercial and international contracting with a strong understanding of the FAR and DFAR.
• Experience working on a geographically dispersed program.
• Demonstrated ability to financially analyze terms and conditions.
• Ability to obtain Top Secret Clearance
• Experience with USG, international, commercial, or NASA customers
• Excellent interpersonal skills and verbal and written communication skills.
• Master's degree or Juris Doctor.
• Current Top Secret Security Clearance w/ recent (5yr) polygraph
• Demonstrated experience Interfacing with Executive Leadership on complex contractual issues.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: ESS4400 SPACE
Relocation Available: Possible
Career Area: Contracts
Clearance Level: TS/SCI
Virtual Location: no
Work Schedule: 9x80A-9,9,9,9,8 hrs/d in wk1, /9,9,9,9,off in wk2