Staff Quality Engineer
Job ID: 495576BR
Date posted: Aug. 14, 2019
Description:The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed martin Space is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world. Every single day we use our extraordinary skills and experiences to craft, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture inspires employees to dream big, perform with excellence and build incredible products. We provide the resources, support, and the focus. If you have the passion and courage to envision limitless possibilities, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
Do you have a passion and dream to be a difference maker? Are you looking for a growth opportunity where you can contribute to a very important mission? Do all things outer space intrigue you? If so, we invite to apply your expertise with us, to put astronauts on Mars, create 3D printed satellites, launch payloads that learn in orbit, and develop national defense systems. Come, be a part of our Program Planning team in the dynamic world of Space.
Military Space Operations in Littleton, CO has an exciting opportunity for a Quality Engineer supporting the GPSIII program for NavSystems line of business. In this role you will develop, modify, apply and maintain quality evaluation, control systems and protocols for processing materials into partially finished or finished materials product.
You will contribute by completing a diverse set of tasks and responsibilities:
o Collaborate with engineering and manufacturing functions to ensure quality standards are in place. Devises and implements methods and procedures for inspecting, testing and evaluating the precision and accuracy of products and production equipment.
o Design and analyze inspection and testing processes, mechanisms and equipment; conduct quality assurance tests; and perform statistical analysis to assess the cost of and determine the responsibility for, products or materials that do not meet required standards and specifications.
o Audit quality systems for deficiency identification and correction.
o Ensure that corrective measures meet acceptable reliability standards and that documentation is compliant with requirements.
o May specialize in the areas of design, incoming material, production control, product evaluation and reliability, inventory control and/or research and development as they apply to product or process quality.
o May be certified in lean and six-sigma quality engineering methodologies.
o Work includes support of Quality metrics generation and reporting, Cause and Effect analysis, and Program customer interface.
o You will engage with internal suppliers, manufacturing, and subcontractor/suppliers.
o Opportunity to support launch activities at various sites in support of program goals will require some limited travel
Benefits of Employment
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package:
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in technical discipline (e.g., engineering field) or equivalent discipline (e.g., math, physics, chemistry, etc.).
• Strong technical experience in a related discipline (e.g. Quality Engineering, System Safety, Engineering, Manufacturing, Integration & Test).
• Experienced with Peer Review (PR), Quality Material Review Board (QMRB) and subject matter expert in executing test planning, hardware processing, and non-conformance processing including root cause analysis and corrective action development.
• Knowledge of SAP/ERP
• Must be able to interpret engineering dimensions, tolerances and requirements.
• Knowledge of Quality systems/processes and knowledge of external quality standards such as ISO9001 and/or AS9100.
• Proficient skill level with Microsoft Office applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
• Experienced in developing & presenting hardware build data and non-conformance metrics and trends to internal and external customers, in both written and oral presentations.
• As a successful member of the team that delivers exceptional results, you will need excellent communication skills with the ability to engage and develop rapport with the team and multiple partners and external customers
• Strong analytical and job closure skills and ability to work with competing, challenging requirements
• Travel, though infrequent, may be required for this position in order to support program objectives.
• Ability to obtain a Secret Security clearance (and COMSEC) and US Citizenship is required.
• Ability to work off-shifts and weekends.
Ability to work well in an environment with challenging requirements and dynamic schedules. Experience making Preliminary Review / Material Review Board decisions.
• Current MRB certification.
• Experience with US Military customers, especially the USAF Space Command.
• Currently hold a minimum Secret Level clearance and COMSEC, or currently hold Interim Secret Level clearance with the ability to obtain full Secret clearance and COMSEC.
• Experience in electrical systems test, and EEE Parts, & Reliability Analyses.
• Experience in mechanical hardware and system design, assembly and test.
• Experience in establishing quality assurance performance metrics for identifying process improvement.
• Ability to use metrics and other means to critically assess organization, measure performance, and take corrective action.
• Experience with program management and project management tools.
• Experience working with DCMA and other government customer support organizations.
• Experience working with space vehicle subcontractors and suppliers.
• Understanding of export control and ITAR requirements for working with international suppliers.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: ESS4400 SPACE
Relocation Available: Possible
Career Area: QA/Test and Inspection
Clearance Level: Secret
Virtual Location: no
Work Schedule: 9x80A-9,9,9,9,8 hrs/d in wk1, /9,9,9,9,off in wk2