This position will fall under the Engineering Product Integrity (EPI) Department within the Mechanical Engineering Directorate (MED). MED provides engineering design, integration and production to a wide range of hardware in The Integrated Defense Systems (IDS). EPI defines, establishes and leads our hardware engineering environment within MED. Design Integrity is a discipline within EPI responsible for ensuring our hardware designs meet contractual and internal requirements, and are actively engaged in all phases of program execution from start-up through contract closeout.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
Note: This position can be a salary Grade G07 or G08 based on the candidate's qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience and the responsibilities required for the position
- Individual will examine engineering drawings, associated computer aided design (CAD) database files, and related documents for completeness, clarity, and dimensional accuracy. This includes checking for correctness of materials and processes, conformity to design/drafting standards, design specifications, and identifications of potential issues in preparation for manufacturing production
- Uses computer assisted design (CAD) systems to check design layouts, detail and assembly drawings, electrical schematics and related documentation in conformance to appropriate program and/or military specifications.
- Operates CAD software.
- Checks work correctness.
- May assist in directing work, assigning and outlining tasks.
- Investigates pertinent design factors such as ease of manufacture, availability of materials and equipment, interchangeability, replicability, strength-weight efficiency, and contractual specifications, requirements and cost.
- Utilizes computer-aided design equipment to review 3D models.
U.S. Citizenship status is required, as this position may need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
- Minimum 2 years of related experience checking completed layouts and drawings for clarity, completeness, conformity to standards, procedures, specifications, and accuracy of calculations and dimensioning
- Experience ensuring drawings are accurate, dimensioned and complete
- Experience identifying design errors, omissions, and other deficiencies, and recommending revisions and/or improvements in design layout to responsible team leads, engineers or designers
- Experience checking hardware stack-ups, mating interfaces, installation requirements, etc.
- Experience using standard features, creating stack-ups and performing tolerance analyses to ensure hardware integrity
- Experience creating radial/axial stack-ups to ensure hardware integrity
- Ability to conceptualize document check principles into written format
- Experience with RVTR (Release Validation Tool Replacement)
- Experience with Creo or equivalent CAD software
- Experience with Common PDM (Windchill)
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Demonstrated experience using documentation specifications such as MIL-STD-961 and Corporate Drafting Room Manuals
- Knowledge of Raytheon Drafting Standard, Mechanical Engineering Process for documentation checking
- Knowledge of existing manufacturing processes and capabilities that support manufacture of IDS hardware designs
- Knowledge of proactive risk mitigation tools (i.e. DFMA, FMEA, Monte Carlo analysis)
- Motivated, efficient and productive team member
- Creative thinker, mind for continuous improvement and elimination of waste
Required Education (including Major):
Associate’s degree preferred or some college, or equivalent combination of related experience and education (each two years of related experience can substitute for one year of related education)
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.