Software Development Environment SDE
The Software Development Environment SDE will perform trade studies and make recommendations about which technologies provide the most cost effective, lowest implementation risk while providing a high performance software development environment. Once tools are selected, oversee the incorporation and integration of the selected tools into the SDE. This includes performing the required coordination with Configuration Management, Security, and Information Assurance representatives. You will document the configuration and use of the SDE and act as a trainer and mentor for the software developers using the toolset and perform periodic upgrades and maintenance on the toolset. Additionally you will work with Configuration Management and Program Operations to manage software licenses for the two development sites.
Technical Skill Required:
- Substantial expertise in the full life-cycle software engineering practices and procedures applicable to large software systems to include:
- Recent hands on application development experience and expertise in the use of the Java programming language.
- Experience with software unit testing strategies, automated software builds, continuous integration and continuous deployment.
- Experience managing a code baseline which supports multiple hardware and software baselines in the field utilizing a trunk based development.
- Familiarity with Software Configuration Management tools and procedures.
- Awareness of emerging technologies and experience with the use and selection of Free and Open Source Software (FOSS). - Experience evaluating different toolsets and providing recommendations for use.
- Experience on both Windows and Linux platforms is required.
- Hands on experience with software development and CM tools such as Eclipse, ClearCase, CruiseControl, Hudson, Ant, Maven, Nexus, JUnit, Confluence, Spring, Collaborator, SonarQube, JIRA, Jenkins, ucc and Fortify.
- Familiarity with Information Assurance (IA) implications and processes, which is critical to the selection of applicable products that meet the overall system sustainability.
Bachelor degree in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics, or related field from an accredited college. Plus eigth years of relevant experience. Other:
The candidate must possess excellent communication skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment providing coordination of activities within the Development organization. The candidate will likely lead, direct and oversee junior level engineers assigned to the SDE team on specific projects. The candidate must be a self-starter who is able to initiate research and evaluate new software development tools, processes and procedures. Travel between development sites may be required.Clearance Requirement: Active/Current Secret ClearanceU.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.