Cyber Engineering Internship
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services (IIS) has Cyber Engineering Internship opportunities for current college students to join and expand our Cyber Engineering Team located in Indianapolis, Indiana. As a Cyber Engineering Intern, you will work with a team of talented and experienced engineers in performing many core activities to include providing certified services and support for Information Assurance/Program Protection efforts for compliance with governing DoD Cybersecurity directives.
Our nationwide college-recruiting program, offers students from a variety of colleges and universities assignments that help you realize your career goals. Work with the best! From a world-class customer profile, to the work being done at the ends of earth, Raytheon offers a wealth of opportunities for your future and beyond. Our internship opportunities range from 10-16 week assignments and may include mentoring, special projects, and end of assignment presentations. Work with other interns and learn from our team of experts.
Key responsibilities for the qualified candidate include:
Security Clearance & Other Requirements:This position requires the ability to access systems that contain information restricted to US Citizens based on certain Federal Government contractual requirements.Required Skills:
- Provide basic support preparing IA Assessment and Authorization documentation (RMF) and participating in program level risk assessments during the A&A processes
- Provide basic support assessing system vulnerabilities, applying system hardening and verifying compliance with applicable Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs)
- Provide basic support for implementing embedded Cybersecurity Solutions, Security Authorization requirements, vulnerability assessments, threat mitigation, and emerging Cybersecurity technologies
- Positive attitude, strong leadership and communication skills
- Customer focus and collaboration skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Systems, Electrical, Software engineering or Computer Science course work
- IAT level 2 or greater cybersecurity certification per DoD 8570.01; such as: Security+, CySA+, etc.
- Exposure to Information Systems Security/Information Assurance, Security Engineering concepts and practices
- Knowledge of operating systems security features and settings (e.g. Windows, UNIX and Linux)
- Engineering projects or previous internship experience
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
- Candidate must be enrolled in an accredited college or university, pursing a technical degree in Engineering (Computer, Cyber, Electrical, Software or Systems), Computer Science or a closely related STEM field.
- This position can be for Sophomore, Junior, Senior or Post Graduate students based on the candidate's qualifications, including degree credits earned.
- A cumulative GPA of 3.0+ is strongly desired.
- Please include your transcript with your resume.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.