The Electronics Subsystems Mechanical Design Department and EW Mechanical Design/Packaging section is seeking a document checker. The position examines engineering documents for soundness, efficiency, and simplicity in design; completeness, clarity, and dimensional accuracy; correctness of materials and processes; conformity to drafting standards, design specifications, and practicability; and economy of fabrication, assembly, and installation. Job duty includes verification that the presentation of drawing/document communicates the design intent correctly. May refer to established precedents and policies. Work will be reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting Program objectives. Candidate will perform a wide variety of tasks in support of the engineering and manufacturing organizations.
The primary responsibilities of this position will include, but not limited to:
- Documentation checking and technical writing experience may include areas such as system requirements, test procedures, detailed procedures, supplemental instructions and vendor statements of work.
- Complete understanding and application of principles, practices and standards for creation and preparation of engineering documentation.
- Full knowledge of industry practices and standards and able to identify and correct documentation errors/omissions/deficiencies and recommend corrective actions or improvements.
- Technical knowledge sufficient to screen for quality issues on complex documents such as Test Procedures, System Requirements, Interface Control Documents, Change Paperwork, and modification/ retrofit installation documents.
- Knowledge of the application of documentation specifications such as MIL-STD-961 related to preparation of technical data packages.
- Ability to apply extensive technical writing skills into screening documents for compliance with company best practices and industry standards.
- Excellent technical writing knowledge including formats, parts list accuracy, process sequencing, and notes construction.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; ability to work effectively in a team environment or independently; demonstrated leadership skills.
- Technical Writing Skills
- Ability to conceptualize document check principles into written format
- Proficient user of cPDM and Creo (or Pro/E)
- Proficient user of Microsoft Work, Excel and Powerpoint
- Demonstrated experience using documentation specifications such as MIL-STD-961 and Corporate Drafting Guidelines
- Knowledge of Mechanical Engineering Process for documentation checking.
- Background in methods/processes related to testing and requirements documentation
- Demonstrated good interpersonal skills and team leadership skills
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
Must have an Associate’s degree in technical field with 6+ years’ experience or High School diploma or equivalent with 8+ years’ experience
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.