Bring your talent and skills to the Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services (IIS) State College Engineering team! Our team is focused on providing solutions to challenging problems to enable the success of our customers' missions.
Raytheon State College provides the opportunity to work on challenging programs without living in an urban/suburban environment. The home to the Pennsylvania State University, State College is a rural community that provides access to many of the cultural and athletic activities/events of an urban metroplex in a small community setting. Many employees enjoy a commute of 5 minutes or less!
Job Description:Raytheon State College seeks an Infrastructure Engineer with a background in traditional system administration support with the ability to manage those skillsets as code through automated, repeatable baseline artifacts. As a traditional system administrator, this position is looking for experience in the following areas:
· Full lifecycle of provisioning, installation, configuration, & administration of Virtual Machines, Operating Systems, and FOSS/COTS technology stacks.
· Administration and troubleshooting of network interfaces including the understanding of ports, protocols, and common enterprise system interfaces
· Familiarity with cloud computing and virtualization technologies like VMware & AWS
· Recognize industry standard security practices to secure and harden enterprise systems
An ideal candidate for this position will also be fluent in modern software engineering practices as a means of providing Infrastructure as Code (IaC) solution:
· Scripting languages such as Python, Bash, and Groovy.
· Experience managing and developing using Configuration Management (CM) technologies such as Puppet (preferred) or Chef.
· Experience working with deployment / provisioning automation tools like Ansible, Terraform, and Packer.
· Experience working with container solutions (e.g. Docker) and container orchestration solutions (e.g. Kubernetes) is preferred.
· Experience managing baseline code using a Version Control System like Git
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.