***Great opportunity for current college students entering their Junior or Senior year by Fall 2020 or college graduate students (entering or currently enrolled) in a graduate program by Fall 2020. If you are not a current college or graduate student, please visit our other opportunities at and apply!***
Raytheon Company Space and Airborne Systems business unit is seeking highly motivated Electrical Engineering Interns to work on Electronic Warfare (EW) and electronics product development for defense applications.
The positions will be located in Goleta, California. Raytheon EW engineering provides challenging technical opportunities for graduating university entry level engineers to work with both mentors who are expert in their field alongside your peers and engineers in other disciplines, all in a collaborate design and laboratory environment. We offer the opportunity to contribute to innovate technical solutions in a wide array of applications to help develop and enhance your technical skills.
The Hardware Engineering Center (HWEC) designs and develops electronics and test equipment for RF and EW sensors. HWEC provides engineering, technology development, and manufacturing support for an extensive line of airborne and ground-based systems.
As an Electrical Engineering Intern, you may be involved with any of the following activities:
- Simulate, implement and debug firmware – VHDL, Verilog.
- Perform circuit analysis, circuit simulation, design documentation maintenance.
- Support troubleshooting of hardware for test and verification.
- Test Analog/Digital/RF components and modules.
- Support development of Special Test Equipment (STE) for testing Electronics equipment.
- Perform testing on prototype hardware.
- Interact with test technicians, suppliers, program managers, other engineers, and internal/external customers.
For Multi-Level Intern Requisitions:
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
This position can be a Salary Grade of G04, G05 or NUG based on the candidate's qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience and responsibility requirements for the position.
- G04 (College Junior by Fall 2020) - must have completed 60 hours of college
- G05 (College Senior by Fall 2020) - must have completed 90 hours of college
- NUG (Post- Graduate-Masters-PhD by Fall 2020) - must have an Undergraduate Degree and currently enrolled or about to enroll in a Graduate Degree program
- Experience working in a lab environment with standard EE lab equipment (i.e., Spectrum Analyzers, Power Meters, Oscilloscopes, Logic Analyzer, Multi-meters, RF Signal Generators)
- Experience working within a team environment.
- Experience with MS Office tool suite
- Experience with basic EE design simulation – Spice (or equivalent)
Required Education (including major):
- Minimum 3.2 cumulative GPA (Please upload an unofficial transcript when applying)
- Have strong technical aptitude as shown by strong grades or hands on lab experience
- Be a hands on person with ability to work with hardware and lab equipment
- Self-motivated, proactive and able to multi-task
- Demonstrated leadership experience through school or extracurricular projects
- Currently pursuing a BS Degree from a 4-year Accredited Uiversity and entering as a College Junior or Senior year OR pursuing a MS / PhD by Fall 2020.
- Must be working towards a Degree in Electrical Engineering
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.