GDIT is seeking a Solutions Expert / Basis of Estimate Lead to support capture and proposal efforts for GDIT’s largest and most complex opportunities. You will be responsible for Basis of Estimate (BOE) and Bill of Material (BOM) development for our highest priority opportunities, helping to drive our technical and business solutions. The extent of our portfolio and the scale of our $10B company ensure that you can take on new challenges and new roles as our business and mission-impact expands.
We are GDIT. The people supporting and securing some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. GDIT is your place. You make it your own by embracing autonomy, seizing opportunity, and being trusted to deliver your best every day.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Lead estimating activities on large and complex proposals, including design-to-cost activities as well as traditional BOE/BOM development
- Use parametric modeling, analogous program comparison, historical data, engineering build-ups and other accepted methodologies to estimate the labor costs associated with a technical solution
- Collaborate with the technical and procurement teams to develop a detailed Bill of Material (BOM) and supporting data for an opportunity
- Prepare BOE/BOM narratives, working closely with the technical solution team to ensure narratives are compelling, accurately reflect the proposed solution, and substantiate proposal pricing
- Prepare BOE/BOM inputs for pricing; document assumptions, risks, and other BOE-related information required for the business volume
- BS or equivalent + 15 years related experience or MS + 12 years related experience, including 5 or more years’ experience related to IT cost estimation in a technical, program control, or project management capacity
- Experience with metrics based estimating methodologies
- Excellent leadership skills; must be able to work collaboratively with other members of the proposal team while still driving BOE/BOM development under tight deadlines
- Ability to write clearly and precisely and pay meticulous attention to details
- Willingness to work in an alternate DC-metro area location when required
- Secret clearance
- SEER parametric cost estimation tool experience
- Managed services experience
- TS or higher level clearance
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training, and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs, and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.