SAIC is the sole provider of Systems and Software Assurance Services to the NASA Independent Verification and Validation (IV&V) Program located in Fairmont, West Virginia. This position is located in Fairmont, WV at the NASA
Katherine Johnson IV&V Facility.
SAIC supports NASA's IV&V Program, delivering analysis and verification & validation of safety-critical and mission-critical software for a number of important NASA programs, including both human and robotic exploration as well as earth and space science collection platforms.
The successful candidate will learn to work independently and as a member of the NASA IV&V's Technical Quality and Excellence (TQ&E) Team. The TQ&E Team's mission is to be a solution provider ensuring the delivery of high-quality IV&V services that enable success and guide the IV&V Program forward. TQ&E is the go-to source for answers, drives and infuses new initiatives and capabilities, and ensures the IV&V Program excels at providing value to our customers and stakeholders.
Roles and Responsibilities will include one or more aspects of the TQ&E Team's charter:
-Support IV&V projects in determining appropriate objectives and methods to enable IV&V execution and reporting.
-Ensure that best practices are shared between projects (and the inverse – that pitfalls are not shared).
-Drive updates to IV&V Program processes and ensures lessons learned, success stories, and best practices are captured in the appropriate IV&V processes.
-Provide guidance on IV&V method selection and application on IV&V Projects.
-Facilitates knowledge sharing and other program oversight functions to ensure transparency of IV&V
- Consult on and review work products relating to full life-cycle (i.e., Concept to Deployment) Independent Verification and Validation (IV&V) analyses to ensure the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical constraints.
- May lead small teams of analysts in support of a new IV&V initiative or capability
- Analyzes effectiveness/efficiency of NASA program procedures and processes and develops/recommends improvements.
- Prepares presentations, reports, research, and other contract deliverables related to IV&V analyses performed.
- Participate in selected programs, events, and meetings involving staff, Government customers, and visitors.
- Participate in the risk management process as it relates to execution of the IV&V Projects and to the software development project being evaluated by the IV&V teams.
- Work is performed on-site in Government facilities.
- Occasional travel may be required.