SOME TELECOMMUTING ALLOWED We are GDIT. The people supporting and securing some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. Our work has meaning and impact on the world around us, but also on us, and that’s important.
GDIT is your place. You make it your own by embracing autonomy, seizing opportunity, and being trusted to deliver your best every day. We think. We act. We deliver. There is no challenge we can’t turn into opportunity. And our work depends on TS/SCI level cleared Computer Vision Manager joining our team to support our Intelligence customer in Springfield, VA
In an increasingly connected world, massive amounts of structured and unstructured data open up new opportunities. We have an opportunity for you to use your leadership and analytical skills to improve the defense industry.
You’ll work closely with your customer to understand their questions and needs, and then dig into their data-rich environment to find the pieces of their information puzzle.
You’ll lead a team who develops algorithms, writes scripts, builds predictive analytics, uses automation, applies machine learning, and uses the right combination of tools and frameworks to turn that set of disparate data points into objective answers to help your government leaders make informed decisions.
You’ll provide your customer with a deep understanding of their data, what it all means, and how they can use it.
- BA/BS in a technology, engineering, computer science or related discipline
- At least 15 years of hands-on experience in one or more of the fields of image processing, machine learning, computer vision, and data science
- At least 8 years of experience in a managerial role
- Possession of excellent entrepreneurial thinking, innovation, and real-world problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (e.g., technical writing)
- Self-managed, has strong self-organization skills, and is eager to contribute
- Excellent engineer, is eager to explore new technologies, and develop new skills to advance your team
- Desire to work in a scaled lean agile and cross functional team environment, understand team goals and generate appropriate, innovative analytical insights to drive process and experience improvement
- Challenge the status quo, are hungry to explore, evaluate, and understand new technologies, and wish to share insights and mentor your team
- Experience working with federal government clients, subcontractors and stakeholders
- Hands-on experience of a broad ranges of technology systems:
- Using data to build computer vision capabilities
- Imagery processing and computer vision frameworks and libraries
- AI/machine learning frameworks, statistical learning algorithms, packages, and libraries
- Programming languages and scripting methods
- Python, Jupyter, AutoML, SciKit, Spark, Scala, TensorFlow, PyTorch, Keras, Chainer
- Hands-on experience leading a team to:
- Implement computer vision capabilities using various technology systems
- engineer imagery and modeling solutions
- develop alternate concepts of operation to improve image quality, including automated image quality assessment, image enhancement, device calibration
- develop software algorithms to assess and improve image quality
- conduct research and assessment to develop technical contributions/guidance
· Ensures an intentional design is implemented which supports development, delivery and deployment of capabilities into operations on multiple environments
· Ensures rapid delivery of capabilities
- Ensures technical debt is managed
- Active TS/SCI security clearance with CI Poly
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.