SENIOR COMPLIANCE MANAGER (SPVA-21-1525-F)
Bowhead seeks a Senior Compliance Manager to oversee compliance of the Procurement team to policies and procedures in Springfield, VA. The successful candidate will use their experience to define, maintain and oversee the UICGS’s procurement policies and procedures to ensure compliance with the various regulations (e.g., US Federal Government contracting practices) and contract requirements that govern UICGS business. This role is directly influential in maintaining UICGS’ Contractor Purchasing System (CPSR) and Accounting System approvals. The position will be required to support process improvements and various enterprise projects and initiatives which will require working with other UICGS Support Services functions and business groups.
• Act as direct interface for government (e.g., DCMA, DCAA, etc.) inquiries related to Procurement documentation and/or processes including the preparation for Government-conducted Contractor Purchasing System Reviews (CPSRs) and taking appropriate steps to ensure that the company maintains an “approved" Purchasing System.
• Manage one compliance analyst, to ensure continued compliance with all applicable FAR and DFARS requirements.
• Administer the UICGS Procurement Self-Assessment program including performing file audits, monitoring compliance trends, providing senior management with results of audit cycle reviews and supporting the development and maintenance of procurement training.
• Oversee procurement practices and artifacts across the company to ensure compliance with the respective policies, practices and standards; based on audit results, develop process improvement plans and direct corrective action as necessary and appropriate
• Seek, recommend, and implement improvements to the Procurement process.
• Act ethically and help ensure that Procurement professionals understand their ethical obligations and how to act in strict compliance with government procurement regulations and law including how to identify and report suspected fraud or misrepresentation
• Stay abreast of emerging regulations and effectively implement requirements or process improvements to policies, procedures and control systems
• Interface with senior procurement leadership and provide advice and guidance to promote the advancement of the procurement discipline and best practices
• Compliance review of all proposal documents
In accordance with Executive Order 14042: Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, candidates should be aware that they may be required to have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire. All job offers in connection with a covered contract will be contingent upon providing proof of vaccination prior to your anticipated start date.
• Typically requires a bachelor's degree (preferably in Business Administration or a related field); and a minimum of 15 years’ experience (may substitute a Master’s Degree and 13+ years’ experience) in subcontracts/purchasing management.
• Advanced knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR)/ Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations (DFAR)/ and/or other agency FAR supplements; possess expert knowledge in CPSR requirements.
• Experience working in a CPSR-compliant purchasing system and reviewing files in compliance with DCMA CPSR Guidelines; must understand the various aspects of supply chain management - materials management, procurement, subcontracts, and supplier management.
• Candidate shall be detail oriented, possess effective communication and writing skills, and be able to coordinate and prioritize multiple projects with limited supervision in a fast-paced environment.
• Deltek/Costpoint experience
• Optimization of a Costpoint implementation
• Experience completing and responding to CPSR guidance
• Process improvement experience
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS: There are no Security Clearance Requirements for this position.
Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and/or random drug screen, and must follow UIC’s Non-DOT Drug & Alcohol Testing Program requirements. If the position requires, an applicant must pass a pre-employment criminal background history check. All post-secondary education listed on the applicant’s resume/application may be subject to verification.
Where driving may be required or where a rental car must be obtained for business travel purposes, applicants must have a valid driver license for this position and will be subject to verification. In addition, the applicant must pass an in-house, online, driving course to be authorized to drive for company purposes.
UIC is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V. In furtherance, pursuant to The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act 43 U.S.C. Sec. 1601 et seq., and federal contractual requirements, UIC and its subsidiaries may legally grant certain preference in employment opportunities to UIC Shareholders and their Descendants, based on the provisions contained within The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act.
All candidates must apply online at www.uicalaska.com, and submit a completed application for all positions they wish to be considered. Once the employment application has been completed and submitted, any changes to the application after submission may not be reviewed. Please contact a UIC HR Recruiter if you have made a significant change to your application. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), persons unable to complete an online application should contact UIC Human Resources for assistance (https://uicalaska.com/careers/recruitment/).
UIC Government Services (UICGS / Bowhead) provides innovative business solutions to federal and commercial customers in the areas of engineering, maintenance services, information technology, program support, logistics/base support, and procurement. Collectively, the fast-growing Bowhead Family of Companies offers a breadth of services which are performed with a focus on quality results. Headquartered in Springfield, VA, we are a fast-growing, multi-million-dollar corporation recognized as one of the top 25 8(a) companies for government contracting.
Link to Apply: https://rn21.ultipro.com/UKP1001/JobBoard/JobDetails.aspx?__ID=*4766AC2A94EFB498