Full Time Employee
Senior Software Test Analyst (Job Number:429418)
Senior Software Test Engineer/Analyst
- Develops and executes test plans, test cases, and test procedures to ensure that all information systems products and services meet organization standards and end-user requirements.
- Develops test plans, test schedule, and approach.
- Writes test cases and scripts and identifies data for test scenarios.
- Conducts a walk through on test case/script with Test Managers, Requirement Leads, Project Managers, and Development Leads.
- Performs and leads tests of software and/or IT systems to ensure proper operation and freedom from defects.
- Performs verification activities on work products using defined methods, procedures and criteria with an appropriate verification environment.
- Documents and communicates test results.
- Supports analysis of test results and resolution of open issues.
- Documents and works to resolve all complex problems.
- Reports progress on problem resolution to management.
- Devises improvements to current procedures and develops models of possible future configurations.
- Creates daily test metrics and reporting.
- Occasionally performs other IT systems engineering activities such as requirements, design, installation, operation, sustainment, and support.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience ; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience.
- Candidate must currently possess and be able to maintain a SECRET clearance
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- A Bachelor?s of Science (BS) degree from an accredited college or university in an engineering, scientific, or technical discipline
- Nine (9) years of experience with real time Weapon Systems development or test and evaluation.
- Experience with test and evaluation strategies, and statistical analysis of data and engineering tools.
- Demonstrated understanding of concepts related to software performance testing and methods of software test design.
- Experience with process development, management and implementation (such as the Software Engineering Institutes Capability maturity Model Integration process).
- Experience with Configuration Management (CM) processes and Configuration Control Board (CCB) support.
- Experience with the use of simulations in a test environment.
- Specialized Software Test experience
- Six (6) years of concurrent progressive experience with a demonstrated technical background in planning, conducting, analyzing, and reporting system or software testing for real time software intensive weapon systems.
- Experience shall include capability in one or more of the following areas: software module level testing; system level testing; functional level testing; or software integration.
- Experience shall also include software requirements trace tools (e.g., DOORS) and experience with LINUX.
- Specialized Test Analysis experience
- Five (5) years concurrent progressive experience with a demonstrated technical background in: Tomahawk Weapon System (TWS)/ Tactical Tomahawk Weapon Control System (TTWCS).
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in Mclean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Jul 28, 2017, 12:41:36 PM
Primary Location: United States-VA-DAHLGREN
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job