full-time employee contract
The Scheduler assists with the creation and maintenance of the master plan for a Program, team, Business groups and/or site to assist with understanding the resource level of effort, maximizes customer satisfaction, work balance and prioritization of performance related company/Program goals. Works schedule related matters with customers; integrated project teams (IPTs), systems administrators, and site management. Analyzes forecast and historical data for each Program; determines labor loading and capacity requirements; participates in creating and meeting cost, quality and delivery goals; monitors and reports metrics and delivery performance. May lead and direct the work of others. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. Experienced in executing sound judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Perform a variety of tasks and work under general supervision. Typically reports to a project leader or manager.
· Develop a master plan/schedule that is aligned with customer mission goals, Program objectives and resource capacity
· Implements, communicates and manages plans as well as lead times
· Assists with the management of Program and/or system life cycle from concept to discontinuation, using planning methods such as make to order or make to stock
· Becomes the recognized resource capacity expert and schedules as needed
· Recommends how to expedite Operations/tasks that delay schedules and alters schedules to meet unforeseen conditions
· Develop alternative recovery plans to overcome supply/demand/priority issues as they arise
· Keeps management informed of priorities and problems; maintains day-to-day record of reports
· Manages level loading tools
· Analysis includes reviewing scope, schedule performance as well as helping determine the acceptability of third party vendor contract deliverables and key Program deliverables and milestones
· Identifying and recommend mitigation strategies for project schedule risks
· Provide expert knowledge of Microsoft Project
· Provide experienced Project Management support as required
· Provide experience in Schedule Analysis and in developing macros and/or VB modules
Qualifications for this position include:
· Experienced, 8 to 10 years Project Manager and Schedule Analysis
· Strong analytical skills to include reviewing scope, schedule performance as well as helping determine the acceptability of third party vendor contract deliverables and key Program deliverables and milestones.
· Experienced in identifying and recommending mitigation strategies for project schedule risks.
Expert knowledge of Microsoft Project
· Experienced in developing macros and/or VB modules
· Must be experienced with standard operating processes and a key participant in providing planning/scheduling expertise to the Government customer in meetings.
· Must have experience maintaining/measuring metrics; on-time delivery, procurement turns, capacity restraints, etc?
· Able to work independently or within a team
· Ability to work with minimal direction on a variety, sometime ambiguous, requirements
· Strong communication skills, both oral and written
· Organized, responsive and highly thorough problem solver
· Familiar with Program/project best practices; such as EVMS
· Familiarity with how to implement integrated master plan within a fluid environment
· 3 years of experience using Oracle or SAP. As well as prior experience using a formal MPS/MRP process.
Working Hours: Day, 8AM ? 5PM, Some on call
Preferred Qualifications: LDAP Management, Perl/Shell Scripting, SAN or Network storage setup/administration, Sun/Oracle hardware maintenance, Certified Oracle Solaris 11 System Administration
Clearance Required: Minimum: U.S Citizen/Must be clearable/ Preference: Active Secret Clearance