Lockheed Martin (www.lockheedmartin.com)
full-time employee contract
Production Product Lead for new and emerging programs at Chelmsford Operations. Responsible for coordinating and communicating all aspects of production with the Production Manager, Program Manager, external program office, and customer. In addition, may be required to supervise diversified assembly and testing processes in the manufacturing cycle of highly complex hybrid assemblies in Chelmsford. Provide leadership, support, and daily direction to assemblers and technicians; motivate and foster teamwork to ensure quality and achieve business goals. Coordinate workflow, monitor schedule, and provide status reports to management.
Chelmsford, Massachusetts is a charming suburb of Boston located about 25 miles northwest of that city. Chelmsford is very close to historic Lowell Massachusetts and to Nashua, New Hampshire. Chelmsford is within reach of New Hampshire?s White Mountains and awesome ski areas to the north, and the scenic coastal towns of MA and NH are about an hour east. This scenic colonial region offers lots of New England charm, great schools, shopping, and restaurants. Chelmsford and the region share an impressive past from the early days after the pilgrims arrived in Plymouth to the revolutionary war. Where can you get to from Chelmsford? Chelmsford is about 90 minutes from Cape Cod. Boston is about 30 minutes to the east without traffic. New York City is about 4.5 hours away from Chelmsford. Waterville Valley and other major ski resorts of New Hampshire and Vermont are about 2 to 3 hours to the north.
It should be noted that Chelmsford, Massachusetts is approximately 35 miles northwest of the Boston metropolitan area and offers better access to a wide range of substantially more affordable regions in the area to live. Those regions include Northeastern and North Central Massachusetts, and Southern, New Hampshire.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience/combined education.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to interact effectively with management and other functions, good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively use SAP for production applications
- Ability to use Microsoft Office applications and other software tools to monitor/report production status and support supervisory responsibilities (Timekeeping, performance management, training, recruiting, PMT presentations, etc.)
- Must possess strong organizational and leadership skills.
- Production experience
- Demonstrated Full Spectrum Leadership behaviors
- Good presentation skills
- Ability to obtain and maintain secret security clearance; interim secret required to start.
- Experience with Lockheed Martin policies, systems, and processes.
- Microwave product manufacturing experience
- Experience in scheduling on a production floor, level-loading work and maintain product flow to meet production schedules
- Experience in working with new and emerging programs
- Experience in facilitating the resolution of production issues
- Lean Six Sigma understanding and training
- Experience working the defense industry or in an ISO9001, AS9100 environment
- Experience working with J-STD soldering, Lean Manufacturing, experience, manufacturing teams
- Experience utilizing SAP to meet the needs of a production floor
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin?s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers? toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we?re engineering a better tomorrow.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Location(s): Chelmsford Massachusetts