Mission Control System Lead Engineer (Job Number:433400)
This is a senior development lead position for the Restore-L mission with a general understanding of the full life-cycle development of a ground system for a NASA mission. The person should be capable of leading a team in the design and building of the Mission Control System for a novel technology demonstration mission. The candidate should have a background in general system Engineering and be proficient in managing personnel, schedules, and NASA project review developments and presentations.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience ; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
The candidate shall have a strong technical base in the following areas:
- Leadership skills for software development teams.
- System design for a combination of new development with legacy infrastructure
- Requirements definition for a space mission ground system o Overall understanding of requirement development phases o Guide requirement formulation process
- Understanding how different components interface with each other in requirements and design space o Telemetry & Command o Data processing and distribution, including imagery and video o Mission Planning/Scheduling o Monitoring & Notification o Data Analysis o IT Infrastructure and Security
- Manage T&C and planning interfaces with concurrently developed robotic and flight dynamics Systems.
- Overall expertise to guide a team in life-cycle development o Requirements formulation, analysis, design, development, integration, testing, and post-launch support. o Software CM and unit test automation
- Conduct various NASA level reviews including, design reviews, requirement reviews, integration reviews, and trade studies
- Previous experience leading ground software development efforts required.
- Experience managing integrated mission schedules
At a minimum, the personnel shall have the following skills:
- Knowledge of system Engineering tools and processes
- Knowledge of software Engineering principles, tools and processes
- Knowledge of relevant technical standards such as CCSDS, TCP/IP, and JPEG
- Experience with space system mission operations for LEO spacecraft
- Experience in ground system development, installation and test
- Task management
- Direct, relevant experience and familiarization with NASA system architecture and organizational structures
- Strong ability to lead and proactively interact with distributed Restore-L team members
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, Engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of Systems Engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. for more information, visit saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Jan 16, 2018, 5:00:00 AM
Primary Location: United States-MD-GREENBELT
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Other Clearance
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job