Allen Corporation of America (www.allencorporation.com)
Full Time Contractor
SUMMARY: Responsible for the daily operation of a multi-service Joint Personal Property Shipping Office which serves all members of the military and authorized DoD civilian providing information and regulations concerning the shipment and storage of personal property.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following: Performs any combination of following and similar clerical duties requiring limited knowledge of systems or procedures:
• Route and book shipments for movement.
• Prepare and distribute documentation for all customers authorized government shipment and storage of personal property, and the preparation of shipping documents.
• Resolve issues and recommend actions to improve delivery of services to the customers.
• Provides prompt and courteous resolution to shipping issues to the customer.
• Participate in or conduct meetings.
• Evaluate plans.
• Prepare reports, plans and working instructions.
• Writes, types, or enters information into computer, to prepare correspondence, briefing, statements, receipts, spreadsheets or other documents, copying information from one record to another using Microsoft Office Suite software (Word, Excel PowerPoint).
• Proofreads correspondence, spreadsheets, records, reports or forms and photocopies/scans documents, and records.
• Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must have a successful NAC-1 and obtain a Common Access Card (CAC).
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: HS diploma or equivalent with 3 years experience in an office environment in the field or in a related area.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Experience/knowledgeable using the electronic Transportation Operational Personal Property Standard System (eTOPS) or Defense Personal Property System (DPS) and applicable forms.
• Knowledgeable in advising customers of exceptions to policies (ETP) in accordance with the JTR policies.
• Experienced in consigning shipments in accordance with SDDC Personal Property Consignment Instruction Guides (PPCIG) - Domestic and International.
• Experienced in arranging for movement of boats, components, and accessories of boats as part of an entitled customer’s personal property in accordance with JTR and DoD 4500.9-R.
• Knowledgeable/familiar with exceptions to policies (ETP) procedures in accordance with the JTR,
• Consign shipments in accordance with SDDC Personal Property Consignment Instruction Guides (PPCIG) - Domestic and International.
• Must have solid oral and written communication skills.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Able to sit and work at a computer keyboard for extended periods of time. Able to stoop, kneel, bend at the waist and reach. Able to lift up to 25 pounds occasionally.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Typical office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
To apply for this job, contact: