Full Time Employee Contractor
District of Columbia
Linux Systems Administrator/Cloud Engineer
CGI is a trusted partner with our federal agencies as we integrate cloud services into their IT Strategies. CGI delivers best-of-breed open source platform technologies, leverages innovation, utilizes cost-effective cloud infrastructure, allows data and web application interoperability and maintains requisite security for the government?s needs.
The Department of Homeland Security has tasked us with providing public cloud web content management services, which includes hosting across various DHS domains. We are hiring a Systems Administrator/Engineer to act as a Service Delivery Manager and Engineer for those domains hosted in the cloud. We are the team that is responsible for provisioning and maintenance of cloud-based virtual machines, the applications and websites that run on them as well as the various communication paths for accessing the machines.
- Administering the operating system (Red Hat Enterprise Linux) as well as the applications (e.g. Drupal, MySQL)
- Handling requests for firewalls, users, usage reports, software needs, patching and vulnerability remediation
- Troubleshooting network and connectivity planning
- Applies, as appropriate, activity and data modeling, transaction/workflow analysis, internal
control and risk analysis and modern business methods, and performance measurement techniques.
- Provides technical direction to personnel performing systems analysis and system/ subsystem development tasks.
- Coordinates and performs logical and physical systems design. Reviews and prepares system documents and specifications.
- Prepares reports, studies, and documentation, delivers presentations, and participates in meetings.
- A minimum of 7 years of integration, systems analysis or programming experience, including 4 years in the areas of developing systems requirements and design specifications; 3 years of experience in project management/task leader positions in development or implementation.
- Holds a four-year degree in an appropriate field or an additional 3 years of relevant experience.
- Strong Linux expertise including Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- Basic shell scripting knowledge
- Knowledge of the Agile process
This is a great opportunity to join a winning team. CGI offers a competitive compensation package with opportunities for growth and professional development. Benefits for full-time, permanent members start on the first day of employment and include a paid time-off program and profit participation and stock purchase plans.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary depending upon specific assignment, or upon any US government security clearance if required. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, gender Identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, or other status protected by law. CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI?s legal duty to furnish information.
To apply for this job, contact: