Full Time Employee
Fort George G Meade
Hardware/Software Analyst (Job Number:409887)
SAIC currently has a contingency position for a Hardware/Software Analyst to support the United States Cyber Command (USCYBERCOM) at Fort Meade, Maryland.
The successful candidate will collaborate, correlate, and provide analysis of cyberspace incident reports derived from reliable resources, network sensors, vulnerability management devices, open source information and DoD component provided situational awareness of known adversary activities.
Responsible for the installation and maintenance of user devices for client system access. Installs and performs repairs and maintenance to hardware, and peripheral equipment, following design or installation specifications. Provide technical assistance and resolve computer hardware problems of users. Answer clients' inquiries in person and via telephone concerning the use of computer hardware system. Responsible for carrying out procedures to ensure that all information systems products and services meet organization standards and end-user requirements. Develops test plans, test schedule, and approach. Writes test cases and scripts and identifies data for test scenarios. Performs verification activities on work products using defined methods, procedures and criteria with an appropriate verification environment. Documents and communicates test results. Reports progress on problem resolution to management. Devises improvements to current procedures and develops models of possible future configurations. Occasionally performs other IT systems engineering activities such as requirements, design, installation, operation, sustainment, and support.
Daily activities include:
1. Applies knowledge of computer science principles, information management principles, data processing functions, and Automated Data Processing (ADP) hardware and software systems structures and operations, and computer programming languages and techniques to solve automation problems.
2. Interfaces with and uses minicomputer and main computer systems in addressing project objectives.
3. Develops project plans, guidelines and controls.
4. Develops design specifications by inspection and analysis to offset various malware and to protect and defend USCYBERCOM infrastructure.
5. Researches unconventional application of software and operating systems in designing and developing new methodologies, significant modifications, or adaptations of standardized techniques.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience as a Hardware/Software Analyst.
- Minimum of three (3) to five (5) years of experience with Microsoft and Linux Operating Systems
- Minimum of three (3) to five (5) years of experience developing scripts
- DoD 8570 Level II Information Assurance Certification is required
- Experience with design and implementation of LAN/WAN and other data communications networks
- Experience performing network modeling, analysis, and planning.
- Experience researching and recommending network and data communications hardware and software.
- Experience developing enterprise, network and security architecture designs.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher from an accredited college or university in Computer Science, Cybersecurity, Computer Engineering, or related technical field;
- Master’s Degree may be substituted for two (2) years of relevant experience
SECURITY CLEARANCE: TS/SCI with Polygraph
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a leading provider of technical, engineering and enterprise information technology services to the U.S. government. Our 13,000 employees deliver systems engineering and information technology offerings for large, complex government programs, as well as a broad range of higher-end, differentiated technology services. The company is headquartered in McLean, Va. For more information, visit www.saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Aug 23, 2016, 8:27:05 PM
Primary Location: United States-MD-FORT GEORGE G MEADE
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: