Full Time Employee
Fort George G Meade
Software Developer (Job Number:412591)
The DoD Agencies and Commands Customer Group, COCOM Programs Directorate of SAIC currently has a contingency full-time position for an Software Developer to support the United States Cyber Command (USCYBERCOM) JXXX, Fort Meade, Maryland.
The Software Developer Inspects, cleans, transforms, and models data with the goal of highlighting useful information, suggesting conclusions, and supporting decision making. Possess knowledge across the entire field of software technologies and engineering, including information, documentation, databases, model and architecture repositories, analysis, training, testing, data synthesis, hardware, software, standards, economic consideration of selecting techniques and processes, and interoperability. Develops software planning documentation, software requirements and design documentation, software support documentation, software test description documentation. Conducts software validation and verification, and software engineering anomaly resolution. Performs tasks in accordance with applicable DoD guidance (e.g., DoDD 5000.1 and DoDI 5000.2) and industry standards (e.g., IEEE/EIA 12207.0, 12207.1, 12207.2, and ISO 9000- 3). Possesses technical knowledge and familiarity to work with the installation, demonstration, test, validation and evaluation of new and existing software, tools, methods, and software measurement technologies. Perform computer network exploitation development: embedded reverse engineering, vulnerability research, and application development for software and embedded systems with a focus on OCO, DCO, CAN and CNE activities. Evaluate the quality of proposed and existing software systems and solutions that support various cyber software activities and are planned to be integrated into various networks and architectures. Perform needs and risk analysis of software packages [developmental Government-Off- The-Shelf (GOTS) and Commercial-Off-The-Shelf items (COTS)] relative to mission requirements. Develop, update, and evaluate software engineering standards, specifications, handbooks, or manuals in relation to the development and testing of cyber capabilities. Document verification and validation of solution sets and protocols, and provide technical assistance to user organizations with all aspects of software acquisition. Develop life cycle models and customize software analytical tools, models, decision aids, screening methods and techniques used to evaluate and support the authenticity and continuity of DoD, national, commercial, and international information systems. Develop specialized software/firmware modules to run on embedded hardware that communicate across native communications channels and implement specialized functions on embedded systems. Disassemble and analyze software and embedded firmware. Collaborate with Cyber Innovation Unit staff working multifunctional programs integrating hardware and software RE tasks. Develops, creates, and modifies general computer applications software or specialized utility programs
Daily activities include:
- Provides technical assistance for analyzing user needs, translating them into requirements, and developing associated software solutions
- Coordinates and collaborates with a team of Integrators, Testers, and Network Engineers to meet criteria for each requirement
- Writes technical documentation to include, but not limited to technical management plans, schedules, requirements documents, test documents, deployment documents, and technical briefings
- Develops code, tests, and debugs new software or enhancements to existing software.
- Provides technical support in the evaluation of software development
- Makes recommendations for improving documentation and development process standards
- Assists with developing and executing test procedures for prototype components
- Writes and reviews software and system documentation, and software user manual
- Develops research solutions by analyzing system performance standards, conferring with users or system engineers; analyzing system flow, data usage and work processes; and investigating problem areas.
- Serves as research team lead at the level appropriate to the software prototype development process being used on any particular project.
- Modifies existing software to correct errors, to adapt to new hardware, or to improve its performance.
- Designs, develops and modifies software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design
- Designs or implements complex database or data repository interfaces/queries
- Supports tactical engineering activities to include participating in design meetings and technical review meetings, developing technical plans to guide capability development, preparing test plans and procedures, executing tests and writing test reports, reporting status of capability development activities, and reporting goals and results
- Designs, develops, enhances, debugs, integrates and implements software. Troubleshoots production problems related to software applications
- Researches, tests, builds, and coordinates the conversion and/or integration of new products based on user requirements
- Designs or implements complex algorithms requiring adherence to strict timing, system resource, or interface constraints; performs quality control on team products.
- Confers with system engineers and hardware engineers to derive requirements and to obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces.
- Oversees one or more software application development teams and ensures the work is completed in accordance with constraints of the software development process being used on any particular project and deliver solutions
- Designs, troubleshoots, and implements software code for end-to-end software development
- Coordinates project teams to develop concept, interface design, and architecture
- Researches, tests, builds, and coordinates the integration of new requirements to meet organizational needs
- Initiates action for evaluation and recommendation of application software packages, application integration and testing tools.
- Resolves problems with software and responds to suggestions for improvements and enhancements
- Coordinates system installation and monitors equipment functioning to ensure operational specifications are met
- Implements recommendations for improving documentation and development process standards
- Selects the prototype development process in coordination with customer and system engineering
- Recommends new technologies and research processes for complex software development projects
- Ensures quality control of all developed and modified prototype software
- Delegates programming and testing responsibilities to one or more teams and monitors their performance
- As required, acts as an agile process SCRUM Master
- Mentor other staff to improve reverse engineering skills
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in application software development.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher from an accredited college or university in Computer Science, Cybersecurity, Computer Engineering, or related discipline (or 4 years of experience in lieu of).
- Active TS/SCI with Polygraph required
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Excellent communications skills
- TRAVEL AND SECURITY: CONUS/OCONUS;
- **Position contingent upon contract award***
This position may be filled by one of SAIC’s teaming partners. By expressing interest in this position you are authorizing SAIC to provide and/or share your candidate profile, including your resume, with one of SAIC’s teaming partners.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge, talented people, effective processes, and innovation to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government, state/local, and global commercial markets. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of about $4.4 billion. For more information, visit http://www.saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom (http://investors.saic.com/news-releases).
SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Posting: Aug 22, 2016, 7:30:24 AM
Primary Location: United States-MD-FORT GEORGE G MEADE
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: