Full Time Employee Contractor
Responsible for providing leadership, program management, and technical/operational oversight of a multi-geographic U.S. Department of Homeland Security, Custom and Border Protection (CBP) Tethered Aerostat Radar System (TARS). Works on solving problems exercising independent judgment in developing methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Plans, organizes, directs, and controls the activities of the contract Program Management Office (PMO) departments. Performs personnel management tasks of hiring, training, and reviewing employee performance as well as collective bargaining support from an operational perspective. Makes and approves decisions and authorizes their implementation.
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES:
1. Manages all operations aspects of Program Activity including budgeting, cost management, schedule management, data management, safety, compliance, proposal activity and other related operations activities.
2. Serve as principle liaison with current and prospective program customers.
4. Oversees all aspects of operations for the Tethered Aerostat Radar System (TARS) program across all active operational locations.
5. Determines resource needs and provides leadership and training for personnel to plan, implement and complete program activities as required.
6. Prepares and leads various program meetings/reviews and formal briefings to both ManTech senior executives and Customer organization.
7. Generates various reports/deliverables, including monthly program status reports to the appropriate management personnel.
8. Ensures effective Subcontractor performance.
9. Supports Contracts Department in interpretation of contractual requirements to ensure program compliance.
10. Travels to deployed locations to oversee planning, technical execution, contract compliance, and interface with Customers.
11. Directly interfaces with functional corporate officers and leadership.
12. Performs other duties and assignments as required.
· Minimum of ten years (10) of related experience required and five years (5) of program management experience required.
· Requires experience in Program Office operations, management, budgeting, and fiscal planning and execution, and preparation of reports and proposals.
· Experience with full lifecycle logistics and sustainment of C4ISR platforms.
· Must have strong capability in team building and personnel development.
· Knowledge of CBP operations and standards is required.
· Must have excellent writing, listening, and public speaking skills.
· Project Management Professional (PMP) required (or acquire in the first year on the contract).
· Valid U.S. Driver’s license required.
· Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand English.
· Work requires prolonged walking, standing and sitting.
· Works in a general office environment.
· Travels to deployed locations.
§ Value Based Six Sigma certification a plus.
§ As a contractor to the United States Department of Homeland Security, applicant must be a U.S. citizen to be considered for this position.
§ Clearance Level Required Secret Minimum;
§ Education Requirements BS/BA Degree or Equivalent;
§ Percent of Travel Required 50%;
To apply for this job, contact: